My latest rescue

Nursemaia

Chameleon Enthusiast
20161119_161314.jpg
20161119_161332.jpg
20161119_161244.jpg
20161119_161301.jpg
This is Hatch. He came to me today. He's approximately 3 years old. Weight 202 gm. Grip isn't the best and slightly shaky when he walks. He's in the shower now.

Aww poor baby. I have yet to have an adult come into my care with that bad of shed that is just stuck to his body. Does he have some burns? It's hard to tell with all the old shed... I have had some older juveniles come into my care with some bad shed. I have also had some pretty young babies come into my care with some horrific injuries do to shed cutting off circulation. Hopefully there isn't any long term damage. It doesn't look like there would be except maybe eye problems? Either way I hope the best for you and his recovery. I know he's in great hands with you. He definitely looks like he is enjoying the shower.

I don't see any burns. The shower really loosened up the shed but he's going to need a few more to get it all off. His one eye doesn't look right to me. I don't know if he's Vit A deficient or not but I'm guessing he is. They said he came from Petsmart. They gave him Calcium and had UVB on him but didn't know to change the bulbs regularly. I'm thinking he has a mild case of MBD as evidenced by the weak grip and slight shaking. Feeders were crickets and mealworms. They were impressed by my reptile room and couldn't believe I keep fly spikes in my fridge.

Barely perceivable if you weren't nutty like me. His grip isn't bad, he can hold onto things, but compared to my healthy male he's a downright weakling. He's also missing a few nails too

Awe. Poor baby! Glad he came into your hands, before it was too late! My Veiled boy came from PetSmart too, and his left eye was not right. Well, come to find out, both eyes had dirt in them, that he couldn't get out. Eventually, he began keeping them closed and quit eating. He was down to about 98 grams, and was in pretty critical condition. My vet had me force feeding with a syringe, just to stabilize him. Finally, at the 2nd vet visit, we tried bloodwork (came back mostly normal) and he gave me an opthalmic antibiotic ointment to put directly into the eyes. As soon as he had that ointment in there, he opened them, and kept them open! it gave h the lubrication he needed and over the next week, there were a few pieces of debris that worked out of both eyes, including a rather large piece of old shed! He is doing awesome now, and is eating/drinking on his own, and has regained his weight. So look into getting some, just to see if it's something irritating the eye.

Back
Top Bottom