My last post here - a SERIOUS concern about roaches

I love it when you decide to randomly pop back up from The dead just to stir the pot once more!
LOL

Im not trying to stir the pot, or insult him at all. I am just saying, this post seems a little dramatic. I am sad to see him go, and sad he gave up his cham, and feel that he is being a little dramatic.

My 7yo daughter had a cricket crawl on her the other day, and she freaked, and I told her just like I just said in this post. Its not going to hurt her, its creepy, creeps me out too at least it wasnt a recluse or a widow though. No matter how refined of a city you try and reside in, Nature is still a thing, its still there and your still going to have to deal with it. Human beings trying to shun nature, and be grossed out, and kill it for their own of comfort is wrong way to approach it.

I seen alot of you guys saying his was selfish for having bugs in the house when it bothered his family, but I disagree. His family should understand that whether he keeps them or not, THERE is and ALWAYS will be Bugs in their house. To blame the Forum for there being "Bugs in his House" is just silly. Whether its the roach that escaped or a spider just trying to live, acting like the world is ending over it is the wrong way to handle it, and the wrong mentality to teach children.

As he said, "Its selfish to have someone else move in and see some unidentified roach" as compared to what? The thousands of other unidentified creatures that will get in during there stay, both seen and unseen. It may be your house, but the land belongs to planet earth, your borrowing that land, your borrowing your life, at the end you will give it back to this planet.

Last edited:
Alas. Found one!!
C3250ED5-8BAB-4BB9-A362-478E34977308.jpeg

Yeah, got lucky, caught a preggo green flying mantis, she layed an oothica and then I fed her to my cham, she was gonna die anyways, they cruise around my cham room and eat the escaped crickets, dubias and fruit flys, there are also a number of other insects I noticed some lacewings as well as isopods, I'm hoping to keep the mantids going, chams love them!!

Yeah, got lucky, caught a preggo green flying mantis, she layed an oothica and then I fed her to my cham, she was gonna die anyways, they cruise around my cham room and eat the escaped crickets, dubias and fruit flys, there are also a number of other insects I noticed some lacewings as well as isopods, I'm hoping to keep the mantids going, chams love them!!
Milk em for all their worth and toss em aside, I like your style.

I knocked over a cup I just filled with crickets, probably 50 or so.....they are mantis food now lol.. the problem is crickets are starting to eat my plants...I'm just glad I don't live in Florida..buddy of mine said they would paint stripes on the roaches and watch them run down the hall, bet which one would win, lol... there are so many there is no getting rid of em

That’s awesome, my parents would freak if I had around 100 baby mantids in my room

This thread is a gem, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

It needs to be archived for posterity.
You must be the one who brought it back. Lmao I can't sleep. & I'm reading ... I'm like 2019 why is this here.. lmaoo soooo funny reading all this. Just read 5 pages of replies lmao! Although I have roaches in a container & have only opened it to clean , add cardboard things & food. I'm scared of it lmfao. I need to get a feeder thing or make one.

Speaking of which @Beman can I just do worms. Silkworms, hornworms , & well technically not a worm but black fly larvae & black flies?

Back
Top Bottom