My last post here - a SERIOUS concern about roaches

Maybe you should have just closed them properly. IDK, but i would not be freaking out they will die, your house will not get infested and they don't bite so....

Jimbob only has money for a paper bag atm... which will then be eaten by the pack of feral dubia roaming the house. I told my wife if the roaches aren't allowed to sleep in our room at night, then she can git out.

I cant blame her... ever since that one got loose and ate your cat... I’d be nervous too!

Funny (to me) true story... I bought a new bedspread with these fancy tassels on it. I had a dream one night about the chams and bugs and I guess a tassel must have tickled my face because I woke the whole house up squealing thinking roaches were crawling on my face.

I cant blame her... ever since that one got loose and ate your cat... I’d be nervous too!

Funny (to me) true story... I bought a new bedspread with these fancy tassels on it. I had a dream one night about the chams and bugs and I guess a tassel must have tickled my face because I woke the whole house up squealing thinking roaches were crawling on my face.

RIP leroy.

Lol! Roach dreams, they're the best

If you don't like cockroaches...
c618746130517b7efd9c8a2319fd9019c9afe64b9c967ab47c7c3c0d93f6006c.jpg

I'm not sure what you want me to say, James has a man crush on Brody and it borders on obsession how much he inserts himself into any conversation even when Brody is even tangentially involved- PMing me about how great Brody is when I was trying to find a new home for my cham and such.

OCD, no, but probably ADHD with hyper focus on things. Not insulted by that, I live with it and it's not really appropriate to use it as ammo since it's not something I can help.

There is nothing normal in the eyes of 99% of the world's population about living with large insects as house guests. It doesn't make me a "sissy" to take other people- especially my family- into consideration. They have put up with an awful lot on account of my interests. The first was when a BBF escaped and got into the ceiling where it laid eggs on rodent droppings and a month later large maggots were dropping out of the drop ceiling into our clean laundry.
My wife didn't "freak out" (to her credit) and has supported my hobbies including not only the roach colonies but also things like 5 gallon pails of black worms for a decade.

The point of my post was to clear up the false information I was given by members of this community that dubia roaches would die within a month or so of escape.

Of course they can't hurt you, but as I said the vast majority of people of people are not OK having cockroaches in their homes. I understand that fear is unfounded but again that's not the point.

The issue arises in the scenarios I described- leaving a rental with roaches so the next tenant feels uncomfortable, having large insects making an appearance when you have houseguests, or otherwise imposing your hobby on others that don't know if the bugs can bite or are a sign of living in filth, or just causing discomfort in others.

I KNOW that Dubias are relatively clean and harmless, but I made it clear from the start this wasn't about ME.

With that, I don't feel the need to check on this again and am logging out.
Thanks again to all that helped me along the way.

I'm not sure what you want me to say, James has a man crush on Brody and it borders on obsession how much he inserts himself into any conversation even when Brody is even tangentially involved- PMing me about how great Brody is when I was trying to find a new home for my cham and such.

OCD, no, but probably ADHD with hyper focus on things. Not insulted by that, I live with it and it's not really appropriate to use it as ammo since it's not something I can help.

There is nothing normal in the eyes of 99% of the world's population about living with large insects as house guests. It doesn't make me a "sissy" to take other people- especially my family- into consideration. They have put up with an awful lot on account of my interests. The first was when a BBF escaped and got into the ceiling where it laid eggs on rodent droppings and a month later large maggots were dropping out of the drop ceiling into our clean laundry.
My wife didn't "freak out" (to her credit) and has supported my hobbies including not only the roach colonies but also things like 5 gallon pails of black worms for a decade.

The point of my post was to clear up the false information I was given by members of this community that dubia roaches would die within a month or so of escape.

Of course they can't hurt you, but as I said the vast majority of people of people are not OK having cockroaches in their homes. I understand that fear is unfounded but again that's not the point.

The issue arises in the scenarios I described- leaving a rental with roaches so the next tenant feels uncomfortable, having large insects making an appearance when you have houseguests, or otherwise imposing your hobby on others that don't know if the bugs can bite or are a sign of living in filth, or just causing discomfort in others.

I KNOW that Dubias are relatively clean and harmless, but I made it clear from the start this wasn't about ME.

With that, I don't feel the need to check on this again and am logging out.
Thanks again to all that helped me along the way.

Beautiful.

Last edited:
Always someone that plays devil's advocate. Literally, a person could come on here and say I want to kill this entire forum, and someone would be defending them. Lmao

Even though I was joking I laughed at this :ROFLMAO:

For the 3rd paragraph- Thats like having young kids, and expecting your house to 100 percent clean all the time. If you have insect colonies- some are gonna get out, no matter how hard you try. if you didn't know that then you shouldn't have gotten an animal requiring insects.

Even though I was joking I laughed at this :ROFLMAO:

For the 3rd paragraph- Thats like having young kids, and expecting your house to 100 percent clean all the time. If you have insect colonies- some are gonna get out, no matter how hard you try. if you didn't know that then you shouldn't have gotten an animal requiring insects.

Oh I know you were joking

I get the OP’s opinion. For some reason dubias gross me out too. I can handle grubs, crickets and other feeders, but I draw the line at roaches. Thank god my chameleon wouldn’t eat them anyway. And I don’t mind ordering insects online. I never liked breeding bugs. Would be convenient, but so is ordering them on my phone.

I get the OP’s opinion. For some reason dubias gross me out too. I can handle grubs, crickets and other feeders, but I draw the line at roaches. Thank god my chameleon wouldn’t eat them anyway. And I don’t mind ordering insects online. I never liked breeding bugs. Would be convenient, but so is ordering them on my phone.

He can have his opinion, but his initial post was pretty much a call out. There wasn't much point to it either. He's out of the hobby and he came back just to start an uproar. I shouldn't have called him insane, I guess, but this has been a recurring thing for this member, so I jumped on it. That was dumb on my part. Should have let it be.

And I don't like working with worms/grubs... won't touch any of them. They freak me out. My roaches aren't even in the house and my reptiles are in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom