My last post here - a SERIOUS concern about roaches

My question is why get a pet that eats roaches if you aren’t prepared for roaches and escapees
Well I can't answer for others but I have loved chameleons since my early 20's. I suffer from severe OCD so having that or any other reptile or anything like that was out of the question. Complelty grossed me out. But after letting OCD controll me for the last 9 yrs. I've started to take action. I started new meds 2 months ago. & wanted to take on a chameleon. I know they eat live bugs. I own roaches but they still completely freak me the eff out.

Well I can't answer for others but I have loved chameleons since my early 20's. I suffer from severe OCD so having that or any other reptile or anything like that was out of the question. Complelty grossed me out. But after letting OCD controll me for the last 9 yrs. I've started to take action. I started new meds 2 months ago. & wanted to take on a chameleon. I know they eat live bugs. I own roaches but they still completely freak me the eff out.
I wish you well! (y)

I’m a 19 year old who has been afraid of animals since a little kid but after holding my first gecko fell in love with reptiles and am now studying to be a veterinary technician and am also not a fan of insects but I’ve gotten over my fear of them for the most part I wish you luck! The ones that still get me are crickets for some reason but I still handle them as long as they don’t try to escape and make a chirping band in my room

I’m a 19 year old who has been afraid of animals since a little kid but after holding my first gecko fell in love with reptiles and am now studying to be a veterinary technician and am also not a fan of insects but I’ve gotten over my fear of them for the most part I wish you luck! The ones that still get me are crickets for some reason but I still handle them as long as they don’t try to escape and make a chirping band in my room
Wow. So awesome. I don't know you but I am so very proud of you! I wish you good luck darling! ♡

Best to you as well. (y)

Wow
wow so many awesome people!!!

Wish you the best with your treatment. OCD is crippling... not the silly quirk so many people without it make it out to be.

Unrelated, but re-reading this thread made me realize how child like I came off at times. While I don't take back my first post or two, the unnecessary ones egging people on I apologize for. While this thread is certainly entertaining (and has some really good posts!), some of the posts/pages aren't our best work and I added to that.

Have a nice day ya'll.

Im pretty sure your kids will live if they see a roach a couple times in the their life.. if you can spot an escapee just crush it and throw it away. I drop feeders on the daily and I find them wandering around sometimes, part of owning reptiles. No need to start a rant thread about roaches saying everyone steered you wrong lol.
There's no way I drop any & don't pick it up lmao. Eff that. I freak out & pick up immediately lmaoo. I probably kill half the bugs before they get to my cham from squeezing the tongs to tight lmfao

Back
Top Bottom