MY Kool 9ft tall Concrete Setup =D

Danny200

Hey i have a realy kool se tup i have an old closet that wasnt being used and changed it into an awsome cage for my lizard and all i did was take the door off and put on a mesh one and thats it take a look :)

Photo-0004.jpg

Photo-0004.jpg
See its in the wall of my house no sides or back

Photo-0005.jpg

Photo-0006.jpg
s orry hes not colorfull he gose black when i enter the cage

Photo-0007.jpg
those sticks are huge they are like 7 ft 8ft i think from top to bottom

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg
nice tree still adding more plants like vines so they can grow up the walls

Photo-0010.jpg
ground floor im trying to make it like a real life forest floor

Photo-0011.jpg
in the corner is a drinking area with a kool filter to keep the water clean and pumping so it can see it moving

Photo-0012.jpg

Photo-0013.jpg

the big blue net behind him is like a climbing fram for him to climb up the walls soon vines are gona be growing all o ver it

anyways i hope u like my set up

i use a reptisun 5.0 UV Bulb (which is that realy bright light u see in cage)
and a Huge 250wat bulb as the cage is very very big it can reach down to 6ft at the bottom ofthe cage is a realy nice low temp shady area for it to hide in its realy dark and kool so he relaxes there at night time and for water he has a dish with a filter in it that pumps water like a fountain he always drinks from it and its realy realy clean and got calcium in it

i use a reptisun 5.0 UV Bulb (which is that realy bright light u see in cage)
and a Huge 250wat bulb as the cage is very very big it can reach down to 6ft at the bottom ofthe cage is a realy nice low temp shady area for it to hide in its realy dark and kool so he relaxes there at night time and for water he has a dish with a filter in it that pumps water like a fountain he always drinks from it and its realy realy clean and got calcium in it

250watts? Wow better make sure it doesn't get too hot where he can access it. reptisun rays will only go down 12 inches from the bottom of the light just FYI

im still building it up i still gona stick another UV Light in there and i want to have 3 large vine plants growing up each side of the concrete walls that way he has lots of climbing and gona have vines going everhwere in it so its like a living rainforest

I didn't think veiled's were from rainforests. If he drinks from the bowl, good for you, but I would consider removing the substrate. its a hassle to clean and can pose future issues. Unless there isn't any and those are just leaves?

You'll get some guff about the water bowl, but if you're diligent and provide fresh fresh water daily,and you continue to witness him drink from it, then it shouldn't be a huge problem. Personally, i would seal the walls inside the closet and put some sort of mister with the ability to drain excess water. Much more natural and your chameleon will thank you for it. :)

Luis

he will drink from the bowl, but it wil get nasty - if you can't clean it every day, it will be a problem dow the road - infection source.

He appears to be burned on the side. Can you take some clear pics of him - especially at night, on both sides? I thought I saw a black spot or two.

then you said a 250W bulb - way too much. A 100W bulb would be a lot for the distance it is from him. 250 will burn him easily - and it will probably overheat him too.

Hi Danny,

Where are you at? I'm a little confused about the "concrete" part. Is that an outside closet and the walls are stucco? Inside I noticed base boards, or so I thought.

That light looks way too intense. When using artificial lighting, I prefer the Reptisun tubes and a simple basking bulb that is not too hot.

I used Mercury Vapor at one point in my past. But they are way too bright and intense. I think they might even cause problems with eye sight. Just my opinion.

Your veiled has a very dark belly and turret in one of the photos.

See if you can place some thicker horizontal perches in there for him.

Back
Top Bottom