My first Bioactive vivarium setup

Wilsted34

This is my first ever Cham setup. I’m doing a Bioactive vivarium setup. It is not fully finished as im extending it two feet higher so it’ll be about 4 feet tall then. I’ll be adding a screen frame to extend it up and will be adding more vines for it to climb up as well once the extension is done. I still need to add live moss to the side wall on the left side where the egg crate wall is. It has sphagnum moss behind it as well. I will have mini fans running it as well to create good airflow. Also will have a mister to keep humidity high enough. It’s in my fish room so humidity isn’t an issue at all and it also gets fresh air exchange in there as well. I’m getting my first Cham this early spring so am pretty excited. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• FA09012A-FB33-4A58-804D-F144DA6ECE5A.jpeg
    FA09012A-FB33-4A58-804D-F144DA6ECE5A.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 10924A90-BDC0-4258-9113-032CFC52AEB6.jpeg
    10924A90-BDC0-4258-9113-032CFC52AEB6.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 8A8B85E4-D825-4331-9B6E-A77214AF545E.jpeg
    8A8B85E4-D825-4331-9B6E-A77214AF545E.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 149
Yep there is a clean up crew 😊 white isopods and springtails. There is also a drainage layer of about 3 inches hydro balls. I am planning on getting a ficus tree for in there. That photos will also take up a lot of space once it starts get bigger and longer so it’ll be dangled throughout the branches. That current setup is three feet high and three feet wide but will be extending it to almost 5 feet tall. I haven’t seen the blog on the Bioactive page but have done a lot of research on it. I’m getting an panther chameleon. Once it’s fully finished it’ll have a lot more cover in it I’ll check out the blog

Yep there is a clean up crew 😊 white isopods and springtails. There is also a drainage layer of about 3 inches hydro balls. I am planning on getting a ficus tree for in there. That photos will also take up a lot of space once it starts get bigger and longer so it’ll be dangled throughout the branches. That current setup is three feet high and three feet wide but will be extending it to almost 5 feet tall. I haven’t seen the blog on the Bioactive page but have done a lot of research on it. I’m getting an panther chameleon. Once it’s fully finished it’ll have a lot more cover in it I’ll check out the blog
As the bottoms is glass, you will be needing a way to siphon the excess drainage. Best to set it up from now before adding anything else. Most use a piece of pvc notched at the bottom that goes all the way down to the bottom that they can then use whatever method they prefer to suck out excess water.

Back
Top Bottom