My Kinyongia species.

Here is the CB K. multituberculata from FLchams. She is always glowing with green and also has some nice hints of blue.
Picture1137520.jpg

Picture1137528.jpg

Here is the CH male from Fabián. These two are usually the hardest to snap pics of but they did not seem to mind me too much today.
Picture1137569.jpg

Picture1137568.jpg

This is how I was greeted when I opened up her cage to feed her. CH K. tavetana female.
Picture1137553.jpg

Ohhh, Jared I am sorry. :( Do you have any eggs cooking or another female on hand?

I thought she was doing very well myself. I just moved her into a new cage yesterday.

The only females I have are the 2 CH ones. I do have 11 eggs from a female earlier this year and 5 from this female which I am hoping they hatch at the end of the year or start of next . She just laid another clutch of 8 also a couple weeks ago. They still seem viable. She seemed to be bouncing right back also. I had high hopes of breeding her to my CH male when he became of age.

I didnt see anything out of the ordinary during the necropsy although Im not the most qualified person to be doing one:rolleyes: No visible parasites, signs of impaction or left over eggs. I did notice a cricket that seemed a little under digested although I am not sure how far along the process it was. Could also be because I am rearranging my room and I havent had the basking lights up for a few days. However I doubt that was the problem. My room gets up too a good temp for them and even under the UVB tubes they can warm themselves up to a decent temp. Just a complete bummer:(

Sorry buddy w.c tavetanum are tuff to keep it was surprising she lasted that long.At least you have the c.h. and more eggs cookin.

Sucks.
Jared,
I really think that you are doing an amazing job with this species.
Once you have all CH and CB animals in your stable you will have it made.
Keep fighting the good fight ..... it all seems to happen so slowly.

-Brad

hi Cainschams,

same to me here, I lost one of my 3 wc tavetana females 2 months ago. The vet found Strongloides, but not at a critical level. I dont know what the reason was. I guess, one thing was the change from outside to inhouse cage or the change to another vitamine-powder.

two of my 4 tavetana are still outside (8°C at night, 25°C during the day yesterday) - both do fine (as far as we can assess that)

M.

hi Cainschams,

same to me here, I lost one of my 3 wc tavetana females 2 months ago. The vet found Strongloides, but not at a critical level. I dont know what the reason was. I guess, one thing was the change from outside to inhouse cage or the change to another vitamine-powder.

two of my 4 tavetana are still outside (8°C at night, 25°C during the day yesterday) - both do fine (as far as we can assess that)

M.

Hello Marcus!

Sorry to hear about your female. Mine was moved to a newer cage and also starting to be housed inside more often due to the weather.

Have you had any success breeding them? I hope your others continue to do well for you.

Sorry in advance for the double post :p

It was nice for about half the day today and I needed to repot some plants due to gnats and some root rot. so I took some pics:rolleyes: There are some older ones in here too.

Start with the tavs.

He didnt like his Granny Smith apple flavored roach. The others who got one did though.
Picture1138014.jpg

A female.
Picture1138002.jpg

Picture1138006.jpg

Another female...kind of.
Picture1137998.jpg

multituberculata female.
Picture1137983.jpg

Male
Picture1138032.jpg

Male tenuis
Picture1137774.jpg

A few of a female from various dates.
Picture1137912-1.jpg

Picture1137914.jpg

Picture1137946.jpg

Picture1137947.jpg

Small uthmoelleri male from a few days ago. He is growing nicely!
Picture1137994.jpg

Large male from today. I put the "cloudy setting" on for these. Not so sure what it did but... It actually seems to have caught his colors much better than the normal setting. Anyway.
Picture1138026.jpg

Picture1138027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom