My Kinyongia species.

That little male tav is really hit a growth spurt!Hey thanks for getting me obsessed with these , as if i didn't have enough to through money at now i'm running a ac window unit .

That little male tav is really hit a growth spurt!Hey thanks for getting me obsessed with these , as if i didn't have enough to through money at now i'm running a ac window unit .

Me too! I had to get two at Costco, one for the bedroom and another for the chams. It got up to 110 F so we figured keeping two rooms cold is better than trying to cool off 2800sqft.

Jared, good looking tavs! Man, I love your chams. Kinyongias are allllll awesome!

My Kinyongia Matschiei is still trying to acclimate after 3 weeks. He's real healthy except that he only eats 3 or 4 crickets (or equivalent) per week.

Phil, that boy has hit a spurt along with the girls also! I just looked at him sleeping and he is really starting to get some size. He is also starting to act like a tav. You know, get the :eek: out of my face!!!!:D I got some goodies for you also;)

CNorton, Thank you!!! I just love the Kinyongias!!! And there are more coming:D:D:D:D:D:D Cant smile enough:D About the matschiei. I would like to see pics whenever you get a chance. His eating habits dont sound horrible if he is full grown. It is hard when they will eat absolutely nothing and start going down hill fast. Sounds like yours is doing alright. Just make sure those few feeders are VERY WELL gutloaded.

Thanks Suzanne!!! I am really enjoying all of these guys!!! I am totally infatuated with this genus. Call me crazy but I have already traded one of my CB pair of thamnobates to acquire 2 K. tenuis pairs:D

We should check out each others chams one of these days since you are only 30 minutes away:) Would love to see a melleri in person.

We should check out each others chams one of these days since you are only 30 minutes away:) Would love to see a melleri in person.

Yes, definitely. You have many species that I would love to see in person and I happen to have a melleri who loves to be seen in person. :D

Oh, and you're getting rid of a CB pair of thamnobates? You are correct, you are crazy. ;)

Last edited:
When it is not so hectic around here I will shoot you a PM. LOL!!! I still have 1.2;)

Funny story. I was talking to Catherine (pardalisgirl) yesterday and we got into talking about her K. uthmoelleri. I mentioned I would think about trading a CB pair of thamnos for uthies but if I was offered tenuis there would be absolutely no thinking involved:rolleyes: Well, I get a call today being offered tenuis:D After the initial shock hit me there was no thought about saying I WANT THEM!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for calling, Chris! I could not think about anything else at band practice tonight:rolleyes:

2 new additions.

Kinyongia uthmoelleri:D

Male 1.
Picture1137444.jpg

Male 2.
Picture1137441.jpg

Great photos, and gorgeous animals, Jared. They look even better than the first day already, especially the little one. Your dedication to Kinyongia is admirable-- giving up some Bradypodion for your true love. If more of us focused as much as you do, this hobby would see a lot more success stories.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Fabián

Thanks Fabián!

Here is an official 7 month update on the CH tavetana.

Female 1.
Picture1137497.jpg

Female 2.
Picture1137502.jpg

Todd has female 3.

And the male. Showing tons of blues.
Picture1137483.jpg

I know Jared is out raising hell so I will answer for him. Yes it was Nick.

See ya,

Todd

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I was out raising hell!!! Thanks Todd. Yeah, I got them from Nick the only person who can get species like that in the US. I am hoping for a CB female in the future if things go right:)

Back
Top Bottom