My Kinyongia species.

Kinyongia Man :)

Wow Jared! I'm seeing this whole thread for the first time. I must have been totally off the forum a lot this fall to have missed it. You are now officially THE KINYONGIA MAN!!!!! You have an amazing collection and your pictures are stunning. I don't have enough words in my vocabulary to express the stunning beauty you have captured.

I've got four K. Uthmoelleri hatchlings now. Four more eggs that should hatch shortly. One hatchling died after the first day. If I end up with more than one female (I need a female now too) you can have it for the cost of shipping. You deserve her :) I just lost a female after she laid a clutch of dud eggs. She spit them out in her cage the day the Uthmoelleri eggs started hatching. I've noticed that my Uthmoelleri females are good for two clutches and then they just drop dead. Maybe they are only built to last that long. If you saw the size of the eggs that are hatching you would understand what I mean. There were nine in the clutch and they were big. I could not believe they came out of a female that small. As they incubated they swelled to the size of small Panther eggs.

Congrats again on your super collection. They have an EXCELLENT keeper taking care of them :)

Thanks Catherine:D LOL!!! I need to find a good photographer like you have to come and take pics for me. It would do them much more justice.

Your offer is too generous!!! However I am not complaining:) I was actually going to see if you wanted to do a trade! So think about that;)

Sorry to hear about the one neonate and the female. Were the females adults when you received them? Is it possible they were just old and.....used?:eek:

About the egg size. I had received a gravid tenuis not too long ago. This was not one from Nick and was in much more poorer condition than one would expect to get from Nick. Needless to say she didnt last very long. I had to cut the eggs from her which shriveled up rather quickly. They were very big compared to her size. Almost looked as if it would break her hips if she managed to squeeze one out:(

Replying to your other thread. I think you will do great with the babies!!!! If they are anything like the tavs you will not have much to worry about. I hope the rest make it out and all are healthy. I am also keeping my fingers crossed for that female!! But regardless if that happens I will still be just as excited to watch them grow!! Keep us posted on them!

Young male from today.
007.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

I am not sure how old the bigger male is who Danny has now. The young one that I still have was real small when I got him so I would guess around a year give or take.

The male uthmoelleris with the large rostral protuberance are even better looking than others (though they're still great). Mine does not have one.

Another pic of the uthmoelleri from today. As you can see I had to coax him around the branch:p
021-1.jpg

CH tavetana male. 1 year and 3 months:D
009-1.jpg

I love your Kinypngia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm seriously planning to buy a pair of them soon... Are they active chamaeleons or are static? do you think they're a good species to keep?

I love your Kinypngia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm seriously planning to buy a pair of them soon... Are they active chamaeleons or are static? do you think they're a good species to keep?

Of course they are good species to keep! This is my favorite genus. Some of the species are more active than others. The species in the fischers complex seem to be more active than the tenuis, oxyrhina and uthmoelleri.

Catherine, the tavetana are so cool!! I wish I could get a picture of the male before he gets all pissy. He really does have some awesome coloration.

Back
Top Bottom