My Jackson's finally likes me

Cordawayconstruction

Established Member
We added him to our family on Dec 24 this last year. Honestly the majority of the first few weeks then only time I saw him really light colored was when he was sleeping, other than that he was darker or spotted, camo alomst with dark green. So ive known he hasn't been the happiest. I've been making improvements to his cage gradually. The last thing I need to do is get a mistking but I have the humidity and temps good. Anyways, the last week he has lightened up considerably and this morning, he walked right onto my hand and turned the brightest green is ever seen him, and stayed like that almost the entire time I handled him.

He didn't make a dash for his branches when I got him close to his cage again either. It's nice to see him so bright and happy.

Being bright is not necessarily being happy. For instance, he brightened up when you handled him because he was not comfortable and trying to show you he is the boss. Also, sometimes when they exit their enclosure to your hand they are just trying to escape to a better place. I'm not saying this is the case with your guy, but something to think about. Congratulations on your newest family member, and welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to ask questions concerning husbandry, as there are many experts on this forum willing to help. Welcome to the forum, sit back and read there is tons of info within.

Back
Top Bottom