Is my veiled cham ok?

Pascal_2023

Hello I just got a veiled chameleon the other day. He was bright green when wr got him and now in his new enclosure he stays a darker green?. He turns bright green in the mornings when he's waking up. Is this normal? I've never had a chameleon before , and it makes me nervous! The last picture is when i first put him inhis enclosure....
20230502_125449.jpg

Attachments

• 20230501_185235.jpg
    20230501_185235.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230430_174206.jpg
    20230430_174206.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 48
Yes it's up high. I only have had him for 2 fans so I'm hoping it's just because it's a new enclosure and new place

Give him a few days to adjust to his new surroundings with little interactions with him. His darker colors is probably stress, his brighter colors at night/morning is normal. I highly recommend the fake plants and adding live plants and horizontal branches at different heights throughout the enclosure. Here's a link that you will find useful and a picture of one of my enclosures just to give you some ideas ...
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-205839_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-205839_Gallery.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 38
I believe @SteveH meant he recommends removing the fake plants and adding live plants. Veiled chameleons eat their plants so you need live veiled tested plants.

Part of the issue is the overall cage set up. Everything in the cage is very low. also depending on your lighting he would not get any UVB that low in the cage.

Start reading everything in this program then ask questions here. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

if your still worried after a while, you can book a call with Neptune the Chameleon. I did it with my little guy and she's a lot of help

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe @SteveH meant he recommends removing the fake plants and adding live plants. Veiled chameleons eat their plants so you need live veiled tested plants.

Part of the issue is the overall cage set up. Everything in the cage is very low. also depending on your lighting he would not get any UVB that low in the cage.

Start reading everything in this program then ask questions here. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
My apologies, that's exactly what I meant to say. Remove the fake plants and add live plants. Here are some of the more commonly used plants.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210106-142643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210106-142643_Gallery.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 42
You do not need to pay for a review on husbandry or cage... there are extremely experienced keepers within this forum that will do a full husbandry review for free.

However at this point I would not necessarily do one because there are too many basic husbandry items that are not correct. Reading through the links Steve and I gave you will get you on the right path with the correct information.

Back
Top Bottom