My husband made me a chameleon Christmas light.

You know what.... I would leave that up all year long... That is AWESOME!!!! How much diid it cost him, if you dont mind me asking...

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

Chad, I've still got to get you a pic of the back and yes the lights (all but the rope light that he outlined it with) went through the peg-board holes. The holes were too small for the lights and he had to drill each one to make it bigger and he hot glued each bulb in.......very time consuming.

Lorenzo, he said it cost about $150.00 and if he had it to do over he would make it smaller and he thinks it would look just as good and be allot less work and not so expensive.

Back of light

Did he place the lights inside the peg board? That is Awesome!!! :) Can we see a pic of the finished back?

Here you go Chad.

ornamentbackoflight002.jpg

Holy macaroni!!! I was kinda thinking that it was it looked like but then I thought about all of the drilling and gluing that would be required however that looks great! You have a patient husband for sure. The end product looks awesome, that was a weekend well spent says I. I will have to clone this idea next year for sure :) Thank you for the picture.

Holy smokes! That is amazing. Looks like the one time when I tried to do needle point work. Then I read in small print, "An experienced person that does needle point knows their work will look similar on the back to the front." Um, mine looked exactly like the back of that light display, lol. :p

Does he have any plans on making any other varieties? That is just too cool. :)

Don't let the fire department see that, they would have a coronary! :eek:

I would like to put in an order for a Jackson's, no wait , change my order, a melleri. :p

Thanks for all the post and compliments!

Laurie, I don't know what we'll do with it after the holidays. If it goes in the garage then my car wont. Maybe we can turn it into a backyard pool decoration. :D

Benny; Yes, it's either love or he just likes the quite time he gets working alone out in the garage! :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom