My first veil comelion

I agree but with a parent that wants to be involved it can be a great learning experience. My daughter loves helping me and learning about them so I think by the time she hits her teens she would be fine with them.

i agree with children being involved but not the main keepers. we had a bearded dragon for about 12 years my kids would help out. now that they are a little older (11 and 9) they are assisting me with our panther chameleon. its a great learning experience. they help me check temp/humidity. they like looking for him etc. misting.

It's a learning opportunity for the kids, which means the parents have to take on the main responsibility. We all know chams aren't easy, almost all reptiles aren't really easy to care for. The care isn't nearly as common sense / common knowledge as pets like dogs and cats. It's definitely sad to see people who don't care about chams on the same level as most of us do in this community, or to see people throw away what I consider to be a significant amount of money, but ultimately everybody is different. I like to believe this community is still open to helping those who come on for help [and are open to the advice offered to them] without judgment, mostly for the sake of the animals. :)

Back
Top Bottom