...my first pygmy chameleons!! (pic heavy)

Miss Machine

Hi all,

I've created a pygmy tank months ago but I wanted to wait to see if all the plants would grow and if the parameters were good such as temperature, humidity and so on.

Last saturday, when I went down to my LPS for some bugshopping I stumbled upon a group of four Rhampholeon temporalis. Well, I had a beautiful little forest for them waiting at home, so of course, i took them with me.

2011-05-30%25252020.32.59.jpg

2011-08-22%25252018.21.37.jpg

2011-08-22%25252018.22.05.jpg

2011-08-20%25252013.58.18.jpg

2011-08-20%25252013.54.53.jpg

The female on the last picture was a bit dehydrated, but when I came home and after putting the animals in their enclosure, i misted very thoroughly and they seemed to like it. Putting their mouths wide open and drink heavily.

I use mainly low energy output light (haha don't know how they're called in english) one low UV lightbulb. A small computerfan for the ventilation, all top is screen and the average day humidity is about 75% - 80% and nighttime is between 90% - 100%. The temps don't get higher as 75 F..lots of shade for them.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and feel free to comment on the enclosure!

Greetz, Wendy

Thanks for the comments!

At first I kept a couple of green anoles in the enclosure, but I moved them to my poison dart frog terrarium... I am not sure if it is wise to keep pygmy chameleons and green anoles together? What do you guys think?

they do get aggressive towards eachother and will compete for food..if you had a huge tank its not so bad (ive seen a few keepers do it) but as a rule of thumb, no other speciaes than the one per tank at least just imo..althought itd be cool to have a "jungle tank" that could contain a small variety in co-habitation..

Yeah, definitely a good idea not to keep anoles in with the pygmys. They'll be faster at eating all the food and bother the pygmys since it's a small area. Do you know the sexes of the pygmys?

Ok thanks, I will keep them separate. Currently I have two pairs of the pygmys. The enclosure size is 36” x 18” x 24”. I hope i can visit the large reptile auction in Hamm Germany next month and pick up another 4 females.

Back
Top Bottom