My first Monitor

Reptofreak

Chameleon Enthusiast
I got this fella given to me yesterday by a nice woman who’s dipshit ex abandoned him at her place.

Luckily he’s already very calm and doesn’t mind handling, we named him Tank! You know because everything named tank gets huge 😆
70F53F3F-22B0-436A-814C-80C60CE7861C.jpeg
6B1A62CE-79D3-4220-A2E2-8B4FD1542CDE.jpeg
C19F53DA-F94F-4FBE-9E7F-EFD32411ADFA.jpeg

Unfortunately one of the worst monitor lizards to possibly own, from being primarily insectivorous to having an actual burrow be mandatory or else they will slowly dehydrate, you've got your hands full.

I think you can do it, but start up your roach colonies(I recommend hissers, orange heads, and ivory heads, yes your going to need several roach colonies and species) and get to moving the several tons of dirt your going to need.

Last edited:
Unfortunately one of the worst monitor lizards to possibly own, from being primarily insectivorous to having an actual burrow be mandatory or else they will slowly dehydrate, you've got your hands full.

I think you can do it, but start up your roach colonies(I recommend hissers, orange heads, and ivory heads, yes your going to need several roach colonies and species) and get to moving the several tons of dirt your going to need.

Lol I have tens of thousands of roaches, I actually sell about $300 worth a month to the pet store I use to work at just to be rid of the extras.

Definitely want to see the set up for this guy
Right now he’s in a 75g with about 12” of substrate and a nice large tile for a basking spot. He of course burrowed out a nice big tunnel under the tile.

I’ll be building him a proper enclosure ASAP!

No, no, no... that's a red ackies monitor; I considered them as an also-ran when I got my beardie.
They grow to 24-28", but they can live 15-20 years.

No, no, no... that's a red ackies monitor; I considered them as an also-ran when I got my beardie.
They grow to 24-28", but they can live 15-20 years.

Well this one certainly looks bigger than 24-28”

Back
Top Bottom