My First Hatchling Ever! T. q. gracilior

He looks great. If you had a dome-head you'd know it. The cage looks like its just enough cover. Wouldn't want any less but I would take into consideration Tylene's suggestion. Don't forget to try to enjoy the experience a little also.;)

I did listen. After putting one baby into that cage, I realized I couldn't possibly monitor a group together. It was easy when I had two or three small ones--small being a relative word since they were 10 to 15 times the size of my baby--and easy to tell apart from each other. I'm ordering Dragonstrand nursery cages. The graciliors are just too rare to not monitor every one very closely.

Another egg has pipped and more are looking like they are about to.

This baby is scary small.

Janet I think you have your setup done as well as any of us would. They have cover and won't get blasted off a branch from lack of cover, when the misers come on.
The only other think I can offer is I keep a piece of ripe bananna in the bottom so the ffs and crickets will not bother the babies.

One other thing -- more pictures.

Laurie,

I just put a picture on this thread:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/calling-all-t-quadricornis-keepers-142981/

I'm taking Tylene's advice and getting the Dragonstrand nursery cages.

Janet I am glad you are switching to the dragonstrand nursery cages. That is what I use and I love them.

I spent the morning ordering them a new mister from MistKing and the nursery cages from Dragonstrand.

Now everyone can let out a collective, "I told you so," and my feelings won't be hurt. This morning I put the second baby in with the first (who has only been in the big cage since late afternoon) and the first baby went dark brown/black when he saw the new one.

Let Me Outta Here!

Gracilior baby #2. I've put Baby #3 in with the other two.

Four more eggs have pipped, two look grey and soggy, and the remaining three eggs are starting to look grey and a bit soggy in spots where they were dry and white this morning. I hope everyone hatches by tomorrow morning.

I thought all the hatched babies were out hunting. I managed to see one snatch up a fruit fly.

I now know why breeders keep them in long, low tubs--they have the common sense of a toddler and try to defy the laws of physics.

Attachments

• 20150821_101804.jpg
    20150821_101804.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 20150821_102720.jpg
    20150821_102720.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 221
Very cute! I love babies:)

I have some quad quads hatching right now too.

Very cute! I love babies:)

I have some quad quads hatching right now too.

They are so cute and so tiny! I can sit and watch them for hours. It feels like Christmas every time I open the box and look. I am really enjoying them.

I have five hatched. The fifth is worrying me. The egg yolk isn't completely absorbed. I left him in the incubator (vermiculite) and am crossing my fingers he'll be okay.

One more to hatch and the last hatched one is worrying me. There is some egg yolk that hasn't been absorbed and there is a tinge of blood one everything. I just locked it back up in the incubator.

Now the most exciting news. The mother is laying again!!! She isn't very big, but was bred to my male, so these will be captive bred are pure gracilior because I've seen both parents (and Chris Anderson agrees they are graciliors).

Too much excitement for one weekend.

All 12 eggs hatched and seem to be doing fine.

As the last baby gracilior was hatching yesterday, the mother laid a clutch of 18 nice big white eggs. They look great. These eggs are the result of matings with my gracilior male. She laid a clutch of 16 infertile eggs between the eggs that just hatched and this new hatch so I am pretty sure of the paternity of the new clutch. I have no idea where she hid all those eggs because she wasn't very big at all.

Back
Top Bottom