My first Crestie hatchling!

Norcal55

Avid Member
Im excited to have my first Crestie hatch out today. These pics are about 30 min. out of the egg. Looks kind of plain but it will give me my baby fix in between Chameleon clutches :D

9550329361_cac479a3a9_c.jpg

9550331031_91c41fa84c_c.jpg

So anyone know when I should move it to it's baby enclosure?

Thanks,
Jason

My boyfriend breeds cresties, and we keep hatchlings in plastic totes until they are at least three months old, at which point they get moved into a 10 gallon tank.

We just got eggs this morning!!

Hope this helps!

Thanks guys! Ive got 2 different females and I cant wait until the next set hatches out. They actually look so cute, as I was typing that I said it in a very manly voice lol.

They are gorgeous! In answer to your first question, I'm assuiming you mean when do they come out of the container the eggs were incubated in? I put them in the baby habitat as soon as I noticed them, they are so jumpy and desperate to hide in leaves!

My boyfriend breeds cresties, and we keep hatchlings in plastic totes until they are at least three months old, at which point they get moved into a 10 gallon tank.

We just got eggs this morning!!

Hope this helps!

Congrats on the eggs!

They are gorgeous! In answer to your first question, I'm assuiming you mean when do they come out of the container the eggs were incubated in? I put them in the baby habitat as soon as I noticed them, they are so jumpy and desperate to hide in leaves!

Cool thanks. The seond one hatched the next day and I moved them both into the baby set up. Next question, I am keeping them in small vented totes with papertowel substrate along with cork bark and some fake vines/leaves. I have several other clutches and was going to keep them all this way. Each clutch (2) to it's own container until they are old enought to have to seperate. Sound like a plan? :D
The colors have really brightend up after a few days and a bumch of Dal spots. Really waiting for the next pair to hatch from the other mother.

Back
Top Bottom