My First Carnivorous Plants: A Trilogy

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
20190604_172023.jpg

20190604_172103.jpg

20190604_172155.jpg

The Sparknotes: I fed a cricket to the plant. The plant did nothing, the cricket left. The cricket is now free in my apartment, presumably searching for all the other free crickets that will eventually rise up against Pesto and myself. Tonight I will double check the enclosure is securely closed.
Not featured:
  • A pitcher plant that will soon have a home inside the enclosure to protect Pesto against the cricket uprising.
  • A spoon that I used to replant the Venus Flytrap because I was scared of getting bit by a plant.

That is a FANTASTIC idea. Let me tell my boyfriend we are getting a roaming house gecko.
Also, no. He is gone forever.
I have the idea to my husband and I sold it like this “ you hate spiders and centipedes, the house gecko will just roam the house like a squatter and eat the bugs for us. It’s a win win” still trying to push the idea

I found one suck in between my curtains. Idk how it got between the fabric

I have the idea to my husband and I sold it like this “ you hate spiders and centipedes, the house gecko will just roam the house like a squatter and eat the bugs for us. It’s a win win” still trying to push the idea

I found one suck in between my curtains. Idk how it got between the fabric
That's a great way to pitch it!

That was an adventure! :ROFLMAO:

When it comes to venus fly traps, they have multiple trigger hairs on the traps. Prospective meals need to trip at least 2 (iirc!) before the trap is prompted to start closing. So, theoretically if you took the cricket and then swiped it slowly along the trap like an edible credit card, it should close!

(Carnivorous plants are amongst my newest research topics, haha! :LOL:)

Also, check out California Carnivores - they have some great info and care sheets!

Back
Top Bottom