My first baby flap neck

DChalo

Hey, i just went to the NARBC show and i got an amazing deal on a baby flapneck and i couldnt resist its little face. So, i spent like 100 dollars there on stuff i needed for him/her. Im also having trouble determining if its a boy or a girl because it looks like theres no spur, but maybe its because babies dont have spurs? And do babies also drink water by watching it fall off leaves?

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• CIMG0042.jpg
    CIMG0042.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 334
  • CIMG0043.jpg
    CIMG0043.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 250
S/he is ADORABLE! Gotta' love those baby faces. :) Sorry I can't help you on sexing but sure know a cute little face when I see one!:D

congrats, he/she is hella cute :) if you don't mind me asking, which vendor did you get this guy from? Babies and juveniles are still available in the WC Import/Export. so just to be safe, i would recommend bringing in a fecal sample to the vets to get a test done for parasites.

[Edit], i believe you will have to wait a bit longer for sexing him, but if sexing can be done at this size and age, i'd say female

congrats, he/she is hella cute :) if you don't mind me asking, which vendor did you get this guy from? Babies and juveniles are still available in the WC Import/Export. so just to be safe, i would recommend bringing in a fecal sample to the vets to get a test done for parasites.

[Edit], i believe you will have to wait a bit longer for sexing him, but if sexing can be done at this size and age, i'd say female

I actually am not sure what the vendor was called, but they had a large amount of jacksons and adult flap necks.

But for those who are interested: Here are pics of my makeshift setup

Attachments

• CIMG0044.jpg
    CIMG0044.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 115
  • CIMG0045.jpg
    CIMG0045.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 122
  • CIMG0047.jpg
    CIMG0047.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 124
He indeed looks nice, but I'm 99% sure it's a WC animal when you look at his body you see typical scratches for WC animals which I have never seen with my offspring.

I'm nut sure but it now looks like a she!

It are really nice animals to keep and can give you a lot of joy.

Good luck with her!

Steven

He indeed looks nice, but I'm 99% sure it's a WC animal when you look at his body you see typical scratches for WC animals which I have never seen with my offspring.

I'm nut sure but it now looks like a she!

It are really nice animals to keep and can give you a lot of joy.

Good luck with her!

Steven

Crap, i hope its healthy. They should have told me it was wild caught

Crap, i hope its healthy. They should have told me it was wild caught

even vendors sometimes do not know if it is a WC species or not, and the suppliers can sometimes retail "false" product. so unless they were personally bred or supplied by a captive breeder, than there isnt really any real way of knowing.

most important with those young ones is to make sure they are feeding well.
It really differs per animal but almost all love house flies.

I thinbk I saw your little guy at the LLL booth!
They had ALOT of chams.
Good luck with him. I was thinking of purchasing two oustalets from them (babies), but now Im not sure.

good news that he eats.

@Ibleedcolors; I think oustalets are really more available as CB as dilepis.
And this doesn't mean it's a bad company only when the animals is not healthy their might be an issue. And as a customer you are also self responseble for obtaining your information. A vendor not telling you it's CB doens't mean its lying.

Well, IMO, a vender at a "cb only" show should sure as hell know.

there are times where vendors don't even give their customers the right information on the species, let alone care. now i am not saying this always happens, but it does. that is why we are lucky to deal with knowledgeable sponsors like FLChams, Tiki Reptiles, LLLReptiles, Cham Nation, just to name a few.

i would also like to add that at times, vendors and just as much pet stores, false advertise themselves by advertising CB/CH when really they are WC

JMHO on this, rarer species are seen at expos when those species don't even have solid breeding establishments in N.A to supply the trade.

I thinbk I saw your little guy at the LLL booth!
They had ALOT of chams.
Good luck with him. I was thinking of purchasing two oustalets from them (babies), but now Im not sure.

If I am not mistaken those Oustalets at LLL are CB from forum member Eriksorg -move fast before I tell Chad to pick them up for me! :)

Looks good,Sounds like a fun show. Ohio shows are full of snakes and more snakes and more snakes. Anyways it very well could be CB, some big breeders sell them fairly cheap as well. Either way looks good from here.;)

Back
Top Bottom