My first baby flap neck

Looks good,Sounds like a fun show. Ohio shows are full of snakes and more snakes and more snakes. Anyways it very well could be CB, some big breeders sell them fairly cheap as well. Either way looks good from here.;)

Jack I totally agree with you lol. I go to the one in Columbus and if you want any kind of snake on the plant it's the right place for you! Oh and Bearded Dragons I saw hundreds of them! Chams not so much.

Hey guys, im having trouble with feeding, i cant find too many articles online on feeding for flapnecks. So i guess i should feed him like he is a baby veiled. But he isnt eating too much, he ate like 7 half inch and 3/4 inch crickets the first day and then he ate like 3 the next day and today i think he ate 2 or 3. I heard they are supposed to eat like 20 a day but he isnt even eating close to that amount!

Our two little flapnecks LOVE silkworms! I also feed our smaller one fruit flies in addition to crickets ... she is kind of lazy and doesn't like to look for food but won't eat out of any kind of cup. I can hand her the silkworms and leave fruitflies around for her. I give her as much as she'll eat and try different things.

Our two little flapnecks LOVE silkworms! I also feed our smaller one fruit flies in addition to crickets ... she is kind of lazy and doesn't like to look for food but won't eat out of any kind of cup. I can hand her the silkworms and leave fruitflies around for her. I give her as much as she'll eat and try different things.

How old are they? And about how much do they eat?

they are about 4-5 months old now. one is quite smaller than the other. the larger one eats the same size crickets as my 5-6 month old veileds - maybe 3/4 of an inch? the smaller one eats much smaller crickets, small silkworms and all the fruit flies she wants.

the daily amount varies. some days they eat more. I give them plenty, take out the uneaten at the end of the day and as long as they are growing and healthy I don't worry about quanity.

they do eat more when i offer food that is NOT crickets. all my chams prefer worms (any kind) and roaches to crickets.

Don't know if this will help you with the age of yours. This photo is from today (sorry it's so blurry) they are on my husbands arms - the smaller one is in the front. We got them in mid-October and were told they were three weeks old at that time.

photo2.jpg

He indeed looks nice, but I'm 99% sure it's a WC animal when you look at his body you see typical scratches for WC animals which I have never seen with my offspring.

I'm nut sure but it now looks like a she!

It are really nice animals to keep and can give you a lot of joy.

Good luck with her!

Steven

I think I have a flapneck too. How can I tell if it's a wild caught?

Back
Top Bottom