My DIY Rain Nozzle Misting System For Under $75

Oh, there's just one (main) line that goes down to the very bottom of the bucket. And also the line that feeds back into it drops down about 6", and then there's a little water heater on the bottom as well, to keep the water warm.

Gotcha, reason I asked is I have to weigh my atp value tubing down with glass mason jars. It's pretty stiff tubing and likes to retain the curve from when rolled up lol.

Cool cool. I'd open the valve a touch more though so the mist nozzles have constant spray rather then "jerky" spray when the pump hits cutoff again.
Okay, cool.
Thanks again for helping me figure this out, and getting it running effectively. I definitely wanted to pull my hair out a couple times but i'm glad to have the support of such an awesome community!
The next thing I'm going to do is add a blumat system for my plants with an extender out in the open to provide a constant source of dripping water, but one that's not running 24hrs necessarily.

Gotcha, reason I asked is I have to weigh my atp value tubing down with glass mason jars. It's pretty stiff tubing and likes to retain the curve from when rolled up lol.
Haha yes I ran into this problem, so I used some of the more flexible tubing I had left over from my blumat system that was also 1/4th for underside of the lid.

Okay, cool.
Thanks again for helping me figure this out, and getting it running effectively. I definitely wanted to pull my hair out a couple times but i'm glad to have the support of such an awesome community!
The next thing I'm going to do is add a blumat system for my plants with an extender out in the open to provide a constant source of dripping water, but one that's not running 24hrs necessarily.

No problem. Like I said there is a sweet spot to listen for. You'll know it when you hit though cause the pump gets considerably louder just past it lol. Slowly crack it open til you hear the pump noise increase then slowly dial it back til the excess noise goes away.

No problem. Like I said there is a sweet spot to listen for. You'll know it when you hit though cause the pump gets considerably louder just past it lol. Slowly crack it open til you hear the pump noise increase then slowly dial it back til the excess noise goes away.

Got that shit dialed in! Cheers, brother.

Though, I do have a question in a different topic... What are you doing as far as lighting/heat in your setups? I'm curious since you're so meticulous about everything else so far.

Got that shit dialed in! Cheers, brother.

Though, I do have a question in a different topic... What are you doing as far as lighting/heat in your setups? I'm curious since you're so meticulous about everything else so far.

I'm all over the place in that respect. One has a 6 tube 4ft t5ho that gives enough heat on its own to keep the top foot or so in the right temps for basking. Some are a single tube t5ho with led pool bulbs for plants/ basking. Some are single tube t5ho with commercially available led strips and puck lights for basking. I'm working on moving everyone to single tube t5ho, diy led strips and pucks though in the long run. Except Lola, she'll have have cobs instead of strips in my current plan.

Curious how the coverage on the rain nozzles are I am interested in making my own , I have a functional set up with a double nozzle mounted in the corner of my enclosure and it covers the majority of the enclosure but if I can avoid spraying the basking spot / feeder cups I'm all about it. I have a zip drip I'd like to use with this as well. Another big reason for wanting this change is the over spray from mist heads being below the t5 is bothersome to me I fear it will short out.

I get great coverage but would really like to explore the rain nozzle approach.
I've seen the mistking video of what's being replicated but was curious if anyone can post or message me photo or video of their range of coverage and arch heights to achieve it.

If possible I'd do away with the double nozzle on the corner and put them to use two linked rain nozzles up top. The splitters need are only 2.49 each and tubing is next to nothing.

I'm just uneasy about switching I guess fear of change is natural but more photos of the " rain/ spray zone " that this style provides would help settle my nerves. I don't want to reduce my coverage to nothing and feel two linked would keep a happy medium.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom