My crabby boy

luvzebra3

Whenever I get close to him, he starts to puff up. If I get too close he really puffs up & hisses. I just want to be friends!:(

Attachments

• crabby monroe.jpg
    crabby monroe.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 150
Good luck with it! I know that my Veileds were the meanest animals on the planet. The only species that I've had that didn't mind me at all were my quadricornins. I'd try handfeeding, however I never had the want to try to interact a whole lot with my chams, since it stresses them out.

LPR08

My little girl has been pretty crabby the past few weeks too. She will hiss and try to bite me if I get my hands in her cage. I've been trying handfeeding but she hasn't warmed up to the idea of eating from my hand yet.

I have been trying to hand feed but he wants nothing to do with me. I even thought of not feeding him unless he took it from me but i think he would starve first. he is kind of funny though because when i am in his enclosure to put food in his bowl or clean he leans away from my hand. He will be hanging off the side of a branch just so he's not close to me.

they do that.
try getting some tongs. long feeder tongs. or just get used to the fact that he wont be your friend.

I have been trying to hand feed but he wants nothing to do with me. I even thought of not feeding him unless he took it from me but i think he would starve first. he is kind of funny though because when i am in his enclosure to put food in his bowl or clean he leans away from my hand. He will be hanging off the side of a branch just so he's not close to me.

I started by using a clear deli cup loaded with crickets. so he can see the hand, which looks like its covered in crickets.

I had have my Cham for a year and still can't handle him, he does the same thing and sometimes even lunges out to bite me.

That is EXACTLY what I am dealing with! I so want to interract with him! All my other herps are great for handling (even my Pacman frog is better & I got him after the cham & they are supposed to be really mean!)

Back
Top Bottom