my cozy set-up for 250.00

raedarr

I used a large live Angel-Wing Begonia and some fake plants covering sticks to make catwalks "chamwalks" through out the cage. I laid 1-2 inch large stones over the exposed soil so cham would not accidentally eat it. You can get stones at dollar store or department store just wash them first. I have a repti glo 5.0 tropical light (for UVB) and 60w basking light. The basking light is the correct temperature since the temperature 6-8" under the bulb is 80 degrees and cham likes it (note: 1" under bulb is 158 degrees so I use a deep dome fixture so cham won't get burned). I decided on the Habba Mister and I am aware that Mistking is far Superior. I live in western Oregon and the humility is high enough already to not need too vigorous of misting and the Habba does the job of wetting the leaves and supplying drinking water. I am starting out with the setting for every 3 hours for 15 sec. It is working fine so far (its been one day :p.) I settled on crickets for the staple food since my attempt at building a Dubai roach colony was vetoed by partner when he said, "There is no way you are bringing roaches into this house :eek: ," and he looked so scared that I did not protest. I bought calcium power with D3 and calcium powder without D3. I also bought fluker's reptile vitamin powder. I heard that a baby veil should get calcium without D3 everyday on his crickets and D3 one time every other week and vitamin one time every other week.

I am new to chams. I have done my research but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct on all of those.

BUT dubias are seriously worth a try. They are really more just "big roly polies" rather than "roaches" (the males look more like roaches). They cannot climb, don't bite (not that I know of, and I handle them a lot), don't smell, can't jump away, and are better for the chameleon, and gutload easier (they eat food more readily).

Crickets really are gross, comparitively.

Just keep in mind you'll need a full 24x24x48 enclosure once the chammy grows. And up the basking spot to 90 once it's an adult.

Otherwise you got everything ok. Good luck and post pictures!!

Back
Top Bottom