My Chams health

Honestlty id fill a full sized garbage can with about a foot or 15 inches or moist play sand and soil mixture with afew branches and plants with her uvb over top and place her in until weds. Gives her plenty of space to lay and plenty of privacy and if shes weak and falls she wont harm her self anymore.

All done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 89
Your lay bin substrate needs to be able to hold a tunnel. I’m not 100% sure from looking at your pics but that looks like it may be too dry. I’d get some play sand and if it is as dry as it looks add some water until it holds a diagonally sloping down tunnel (not straight down like a well). I kind of dig down and sideways to test mine. They tend to dig all the way down, you don’t want the substrate to fall back in on her as she digs. If it’s already that level of wetness please excuse my misinterpretation of the pic!

It’s really important that her supplementation be corrected, as well as temps so she can use the nutrition you give her. Post clutch nutrition, hydration, and calcium are very important for her to recover. It’s a lot of work for our lady chams!

Last edited:
Your lay bin substrate needs to be able to hold a tunnel. I’m not 100% sure from looking at your pics but that looks like it may be too dry. I’d get some play sand and if it is as dry as it looks add some water until it holds a diagonally sloping down tunnel (not straight down like a well). I kind of dig down and sideways to test mine. They tend to dig all the way down, you don’t want the substrate to fall back in on her as she digs. If it’s already that level of wetness please excuse my misinterpretation of the pic!

It’s really important that her supplementation be corrected, as well as temps so she can use the nutrition you give her. Post clutch nutrition, hydration, and calcium are very important for her to recover. It’s a lot of work for our lady chams!
I watered it a bit but I think it needs more I will for sure tomorrow morning and test the tunnels I didn’t ever think about going diagnal so thank you for that and it’s a mixture of top soil and play sand

Back
Top Bottom