my chameleon shot tongue at eye

chameleonsoul

my chameleon is currently shedding... (idk if that matters) but my friend was holding him while i went to get him some roaches and he shot his tongue at her eye. anyone have an explanation? is that normal??

If I had a guess I'd say the eyelash theory isn't far off. I'd she was blinking and had the chance close enough I wouldn't be surprised but hilarious.

I've heard of the eye thing for years but never experienced it. Eyes move kind of strange and for an animal that takes its predatory cues from movement and texture it may just look like something tasty. "Worth a shot" in his mind.

SO WEIRD! I literally JUST expierenced this, my cham is also in the process of shedding. I went to open his cage to get a lil free range roaming and when he went to walk on my hand he just looked up at me and i saw the thing shoot!!!! Ahahaha ya i think he was just giving me a kiss

SO WEIRD! I literally JUST expierenced this, my cham is also in the process of shedding. I went to open his cage to get a lil free range roaming and when he went to walk on my hand he just looked up at me and i saw the thing shoot!!!! Ahahaha ya i think he was just giving me a kiss

Jealous of people like you who’s Chameleon will just walk out into your hand lol

Hahahah ive been SO ECSTATIC with how easily hes taken to his new home! [Some background info] i bought him from LLL n they say not to feed him when you first get him as it might stress them out well i cant even begin to tell you how lucky i was to even witness this but i was just checkin up on him at the end of the day when i see 2 fruit flys just wound up in his cage some how n he just took them both down instantly! Everyday he surprises me with something new and exciting! He seems to be very happy, Ive been meaning to get all my specs for him on here just havent had a chance yet =<

Sometimes I let mine walk all over me while I am in the buff and eat my parasites

Attachments

• yuck.jpg
    yuck.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 116
My Veiled did the same thing a few years ago. It felt super weird, cuz my eye didn't shut in time. It was kind of gross to have a tounge in my eye ball, not sure why he did it.

My Veiled did the same thing a few years ago. It felt super weird, cuz my eye didn't shut in time. It was kind of gross to have a tounge in my eye ball, not sure why he did it.
Did it stick? That sounds painful! That suction force must have been weird!

Back
Top Bottom