My Chameleon is dying :(

Thank you guys for the compassion and advice. Smoke passed away a hour ago :(. Feel broken and miss him badly. Can't even bury him with ground frozen :(. Thinking maybe cremation but don't know if they do this for reptiles. Knew it would hit me hard once he passed. Sorry just in a bad state of mind. Thought about taking pills and not continue. Had rough couple months had put my dog down for auto immune issue. Now this with Cham I had for long time. I remember I got him was at home nursery. Only place that had a male for sale at the time. Loved him alot had our chats when I feed him and cleaned his enclosure. Even had my face in cage once cleaning and he snapped at my ear. He was always scared type of Cham with mouth opening when you would enter his domain. Miss him so much :(

Thank you guys for the compassion and advice. Smoke passed away a hour ago :(. Feel broken and miss him badly. Can't even bury him with ground frozen :(. Thinking maybe cremation but don't know if they do this for reptiles. Knew it would hit me hard once he passed. Sorry just in a bad state of mind. Thought about taking pills and not continue. Had rough couple months had put my dog down for auto immune issue. Now this with Cham I had for long time. I remember I got him was at home nursery. Only place that had a male for sale at the time. Loved him alot had our chats when I feed him and cleaned his enclosure. Even had my face in cage once cleaning and he snapped at my ear. He was always scared type of Cham with mouth opening when you would enter his domain. Miss him so much :(

Im very sorry for your loss. I think they will cremate a reptile. Ive seen some very nice memorial art made with pet ashes, specifically glassblowing. A place near me will “blow” glass with their ashes, and their ashes show up in the glass like sparkles. Just sharing in case youre interested.

He’s had a very long life with you. You must have taken very good care of him. Sorry again.

Im very sorry for your loss. I think they will cremate a reptile. Ive seen some very nice memorial art made with pet ashes, specifically glassblowing. A place near me will “blow” glass with their ashes, and their ashes show up in the glass like sparkles. Just sharing in case youre interested.

He’s had a very long life with you. You must have taken very good care of him. Sorry again.
I did best I could for him always have. That actually sounds really neat. Is it expensive to do and have to search it.

I did best I could for him always have. That actually sounds really neat. Is it expensive to do and have to search it.

Not sure. The glassblower by me typically makes similar items for $40ish (without ashes) so I would expect him to charge about the same. The shop near me (in md) is called McFadden Art Glass, and the owner’s name is Tim. Im sure they would ship if you weren’t able to find something close to home. Check out their instagram, im sure they have some examples on there (among his other work)

Here’s an example of one he has done. Perhaps you could use colors similar to his? Not to be morbid, but I plan to do something similar for my pets.

Ive seen them do various things and shapes, not all balls/orbs.

571FA53B-4149-4B64-BDC1-E78E6C9A7E67.png 7DB789BF-9E4F-4D51-9338-8F0EE999552F.png

Back
Top Bottom