my chameleon has become extremly aggressive!

roguekiller23231

this hasnt happend over time, it just happend pretty much 3 days ago when he started shedding. He's about 3 and a half years old now, and is extremly friendly usually.

it's like he's just switched, he wont let me any where near him, usually when his shedding he lets be rub the skin that is on his head/crown and eyes (since there hard to reach places and the eyes are delicate, i'd rather he didnt rub on rough surfaces), but this time he wont even let me anywhere near him, not even in the viv, he just hisses, and nearly took a chomp out of my finger (he got the tip though).

anyone know whats going on??

they can get aggressive when shedding...just let them shed in their own time, you can try to mist them with warm water or give them a warm shower to help loosen the skin, but dont pull it off...it will come off when its ready

i hope he does calm down once he's shedded.

i dont pull it off though, i know it's not good for them, the very loose stuf that he cant get off on his head i just rub slightly and it's all gone. he usually likes it, so it was not like him to not let me anywhere near him.

the only thing he tolorates is food on my hand at the moment.

more than likely he will...even my nicest chams can get an attitude every now and again...its kinda like people, even a usually nice person can have a bad day and snap at you

Even my cham is doing like that .. But mine is not shedding.. He is agressive since he saw another chameleon ( female ) and i doesnt let him go to her... Mine cham is not eating at all ..he is always walking around the cage like he is waiting for something..

Usually when they walk around the cage it means the are trying to get somewhere they can't and as for the aggressive you should leave him until he's done. Mine sheds in one day so I leave him for the day and don't feed him... I have an automatic mister and timers for lights so I don't need to go near him:D

Even my cham is doing like that .. But mine is not shedding.. He is agressive since he saw another chameleon ( female ) and i doesnt let him go to her... Mine cham is not eating at all ..he is always walking around the cage like he is waiting for something..

He saw a female & wants to breed most likely - he's waiting to get some, soon as that happens he'll be back to eating as regular.

Back
Top Bottom