My chameleon has a Wound. How can I treat it and will it leave a permanent scar?

So I left my chameleon out of its cage and my cat scratched it. There was no blood leaking and nothing was oozing out. I put triple antibiotic on his wound to keep the infection out. Are there other ways to treat a chameleon wound at home without going to the vet. Also, will there be a permanent scar? The wound is not that big.

DSC00644.JPG

They can have scars but I dont think that is big enough to leave some visible mark. Maybe you will see it if you really look into it. Just talk to a vet about the medication for it.

You got very lucky! Cat's and Chams out in the room together do not mix. Most of what we have seen within the forum has been fatal for the chameleon.
Fortunately for your cham that is a small wound. However cat's nails are dirty.... I mean after all they use a litter box and move their pee and poop around in it. Personally I would get Vet treatment. The chameleon may very well need a round of antibiotics to make sure that it does not develop an infection.

Back
Top Bottom