My cham listening to me??

Xasnoot

So lately my cham has been deciding that he wants to come out. He puts his nose in the corner of the where the door and the cage meet, as if he wants me to open it. So i put my hand in front of the cage and open it slightly to let him through and he’ll actually climb onto my hand, which I think is strange considering he’s a veiled and I know that they’re more antisocial. But lately, I’ve been doing this thing where i point and tap at the the screen door next to the latches to see if he’ll come to door, he usually doesn’t respond to it, but today he actually came to the door. He usually likes to come out after i feed him a hornworm or superworm. Just wanted to know whether my cham is hyper intelligent or was just coincidently feeling like coming out after i did it.

I mean has anyone else had this type of experience with their chams??
besides being very friendly, no. Mine won't just come out of their cage onto my hand with free will but are friendly and are fine with just being picked up and handled. I have a friendly veiled too! can I see some photos of him and his enclosure? there could be a reason...

I've had some that let me know they want to come out and others that just want me to go away. Most of them recognize the food container when it comes around too.

When my Veiled was younger... If he saw me he always came to the door. He identified me with food and with getting out of his cage. This started to lessen as he passed the 1 year mark. Now he is 2 years old. It is very very rare that he just comes to me like he used to. Now it involves bribery with food to get him to come out so that I can take him to his outside enclosure. Without the treat he becomes aggressive that I dare enter his territory. They are ever changing IME with how they respond.

They will also try to get out if an enclosure is not set up properly, Not large enough, and when they start to mature to explore their territory. Females will do it when they are looking for a place to lay their eggs.

When my panther sees me he gets to the glass in a sec and gets on my hand to get tranfered on his favorite tree and when he gets bored he gets on my hand back again for me to put him in his enclosure. My veiled gets on my hand to go out but does not want to get back in his enclosure by himself. Yesterday was the first time for him to willingly go back on me so thats something!

Mine looks down on me with disdain with a fist cocked ready to punch me in the eye while I’m on my knees offering him his favorite foods

Back
Top Bottom