My cham is going to be 6 months this month. Should I be putting him in his new cage?

Xyres

He doesn't exactly look big but it seems like the cage he is in is now just too small for him to comfortably roam. My cage I have right now is 2x2x4. Is now a good time to place him in his new cage?

He doesn't exactly look big but it seems like the cage he is in is now just too small for him to comfortably roam. My cage I have right now to upgrade to is 2x2x4. Is now a good time to place him in his new cage?

*Edited to clarify on cage size

Shouldn't be a problem. I had my male veiled in his enclosure much sooner than that! You may have a bit of stress from the move, and a few days to get used to new surroundings, but he should be fine. If the enclosures are near each other, you could try letting him make his own way into the new crib to ease the stress a bit ;).

Ok thanks everyone! And my heat light should be enough and I have a reptisun 5 so I should be good there. :)

Honestly, I always judge by the size of the cham, not necessarily their age as to when to move to a larger cage. There can just be such a difference in sizes that I think that's a better way of judging, instead of a random age. For example, I have a female ambiliobe who is smaller than she should be for her age, so she's still in her baby cage - it's plenty large enough for her now, and when she grows bigger she'll be movin' on up!

Back
Top Bottom