My cham is doing something really weird! HELP!

ryanlegend

So ever since i have gotten this guy hes kept one eye closed most of the time. but when he does open it theres nothing in it. its not blurry or anything it look normal. but today he was bulging it out SO MUCH it grossed me out, he was also rubbing it on a stick. anyone else have this problem. ive done everything i know.

the rubbing and the bulging is normal but not keeping it closed. Have you filled out the How to Ask for help form yet?

Sounds like he may have something in his eye. They bulge their eyes to clean them as you will usually see during misting sessions. Try misting him with warm water for a little while longer than normal to encourage him to clean out whatever may be in there.

ya i have in the past. a few weeks ago i found a tiny fiber in his eye and i managed to get it out. but he still keeps it closed. i give him a shower everyday. i read that the lack of vitamin A could be a apart of it. so im doing a multi vitamin. i just dont know what to do.

It could be a few things. Did you fill out the how to get form yet? Lighting could be an issue along w/ other stuff, like is he doing this after misting, etc. I've had a similar problem w/ my chams eyes too ever since I've gotten him. Check out my old post if you like, this is the 2nd one https://www.chameleonforums.com/still-worry-about-dehydration-eye-thing-posting-pics-49799/ & there is a link to the first one there also. I used two products terramycin eye ointment & reptaid, bought both at lllreptile. It seemed to help & he isn't really budging eyes like before if at all but still closing one eye & sometimes both during the day. I'm about to try another dose of the reptaid. It might have been my imagination but after he took the reptaid he seemed extra perky too. You should really fill out the how to get help form for suggestions I am still pretty new at this & shared what I did but that might not be what is best for you. A shower might be a good start for your cham. Put your came on a plant and aim the shower head against the shower wall w/ warm water so that the water will bounce off wall & mist him on the plant for about 20 minutes. Be sure to keep watching him while he's in there! Once you fill that out, you will probably be better helped by the experienced cham owners on here. BTW how to get help form in the Health section just copy & paste w/ your info.

ya i have in the past. a few weeks ago i found a tiny fiber in his eye and i managed to get it out. but he still keeps it closed. i give him a shower everyday. i read that the lack of vitamin A could be a apart of it. so im doing a multi vitamin. i just dont know what to do.

I'm a noob here but if it was me I would take him to a vet, with him having something in his eye. if it's the same eye I would suspect there maybe damage/infection that you can't see.

Bulging the eye in and out is the chameleon's way of trying to clean it. Rubbing it on the branch means that its irritating him. If could be a number of things.

What brand and type (spiral, compact, long linear tube) UVB light are you using?
What live plants do you have in the cage?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom