My cat ate my chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats whay I electrify my cages... that will teach things to touch the screen!

j/k

My cat knows not to even get near the enclosures. However he is a pretty smart cat and is a rare breed that actually listens and learns. Has never gotten on the furniture or even crossed into the kitchen after being reprimanded as a kitten. He will lay in the cham room on a blanket though and if I drop a cricket he goes for the cricket.

That being all said I reinforced my enclosures and secure them to the stands because there is always a 1st time.

58817d1341330099-my-cham-guardian-dsc_1138.jpg

Last edited:
Lock the door, pretty simple solution really. I have a 3 year old who loves my Chams. ATM I have 20 babies from Cap Est and she is obsessed with them and kept sneaking in there to "play" with them. What did I do?.... Bought a lock for the door so she cant go in without me present. It was really easy to do, took about 10 minutes without my cordless screwdriver. Does it work?...Of course it does guvnor'!!!

i do the same. we have all the chameleons in our cham room and if the door is open we use a gate to block out our yorkie. same with our birds and mice. the dog might not be as smart as a cat but she is breed to kill small creatures. so we take no chances

At first I had my beardie and my cat ripped the screen off of that and left half of the body on my floor.Then she slid open the cage of my Chameleon and killed him too,so take a chance if you want but, I'm only warning.What we do is we lock her in a room when we arn't home so she doesn't get it . :)

Ok now I'm confused, this thread asks for advise but the above response from another thread doesn't seem to be someone who thinks they need advise? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"My cat ate my chameleon last month.I have a new chameleon but 3 more cats......"

Doesnt that say enough!?
I mean, what more do you need?

This person should not own any kind of animal!

When you have a pet, you are ultimatly responsible for it's care as well as it's
safety.
When you even consider such a pet, you anticapate any possible problems, future, or present. You talk to your family, roommate, etc.

Responsibility is on YOU and no one else.

I would never have posted that sentence on this forum if I had allowed such a stupid thing to happen.

Senior Mrs Psychobunny didnt raise any sons dippy enough to make the same mistakes and then throw ourselves to the "lions" :rolleyes:

I say Boooooooo to that response. Boooooooo.

Lighten up.

But I am serious. I do hate cats.

Because a chameleon is not also an evil predator who will also kill just about anything small enough to eat? Because you are not also a predator?

Hating animals and proposing cruelty in general leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am okay with animals being animals and I don't hate nature and life like you obviously do. It is our responsibility as people who choose to keep animals to keep them safe and well cared for and retaliating against the cats is not only ignorant but selfish and cruel.

I have a low opinion of people like you and am not sure why I am even responding...

Water is a great way to let a cat know "cut that out". But like people, cats don't always learn from negative experiences. :rolleyes:

Some of you are taking this thread to seriously. Lighten up. Don't take yourselves so seriously. Laugh a little.... and I'm the one being closed minded.

Some of you are taking this thread to seriously. Lighten up. Don't take yourselves so seriously. Laugh a little.... and I'm the one being closed minded.

The part that is serious is that a chameleon is dead and inadvertently we all may have chased the person off who now has another Cham and has 3 new cats. Just saying.

Did anyone even note this may be a child? Not a very young one but 11-12 maybe? And he has not even responded

They didn't respond either when I called them out for spamming with 3 different posts over 5 minute span. Does not matter if they are 8 or 80, pet ownership is not just about naming them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom