I only know of those being caused by RI. Other symptoms are popping noises, bubbles, excessive swallowing, and gaping.
The vet may give you an option of doing a culture and sensitivity test to help get the right antibiotic, or just make a guess if you don't do this. From my experience I would say its worth the price because the first time one of my chams had an RI I didn't do it and had to go through a lot of antibiotics.
To prevent the RI from recurring I would make sure you have very good ventilation in your cage, remove waste as soon as possible, and make sure nothing remains constantly damp.
Sometimes an ultrasonic humidifier can help them breath while waiting on the vet, especially the ones that can create warm mist. You just need to make sure you don't use a humidifier that creates mist hot enough to burn.