My baby wont come out of its egg?

TORALVA

Hey guys, just wanted to get your thought on this egg that I've had for about 10 months now. It started sweating 10 days ago and and it lost its pure white color but the baby hasn't come out. anyone have any experience with this issue?

IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG
IMG_2097.JPG

looks like a bad egg honestly..ive found when they look like this 100% bad yellowish and almost like spotting and even get big start to swell..your substrate looks too wet btw..i dont know that was actually sweattng or bad egg secreations. ive rarely ever have eggs hatch a month late.ive got 4 that look similar 10 months old i always fall for waiting the extra never happens..lots of times early though.

looks like a bad egg honestly..ive found when they look like this 100% bad yellowish and almost like spotting and even get big start to swell..your substrate looks too wet btw..i dont know that was actually sweattng or bad egg secreations. ive rarely ever have eggs hatch a month late.ive got 4 that look similar 10 months old i always fall for waiting the extra never happens..lots of times early though.
The egg wasnt always this color though, its only been a week since it turned. It was a solid white color for over 9 months. only after sweating it turned this color. I decided to open one of this eggs from this clutch and there was a fully formed baby inside, it started breathing but it did not move. any idea what went wrong?

The neonate should slit the egg in 3 or 4 days at the most after the egg starts sweating. Otherwise it's not going to hatch. Usually takes 2 days after sweating for the egg to be slit, the baby may stay in the egg absorbing the yolk sac for a couple more days though.

The neonate should slit the egg in 3 or 4 days at the most after the egg starts sweating. Otherwise it's not going to hatch. Usually takes 2 days after sweating for the egg to be slit, the baby may stay in the egg absorbing the yolk sac for a couple more days though.
any suggestions on what I should do with the rest or why this is happening?

Eggs with fully developed embryos dead inside could be caused by a number of reasons: improper temps during incubation, too much moisture in the egg container, unhealthy female laying the eggs, weakness of embryos due to inbreeding, to name a few.

I would continue incubating the rest of the clutch. If you have the same problem with the rest of the eggs I would check your husbandry.

Eggs with fully developed embryos dead inside could be caused by a number of reasons: improper temps during incubation, too much moisture in the egg container, unhealthy female laying the eggs, weakness of embryos due to inbreeding, to name a few.

I would continue incubating the rest of the clutch. If you have the same problem with the rest of the eggs I would check your husbandry.
Thanks for the info. I know that you want to keep the temperature at around 70-75 but how do I know the right amount of humidity? I want to closely monitor my next clutch and want some experienced advice on this. The books I find say all kinds of stuff that people on this site seem to disagree with.

Back
Top Bottom