My baby Wasabi

IMG_20210614_213345944.jpg

So if your using the T5 and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you have to have a total of 8-9 measured inches between the bottom of the bulb and the branch directly below the fixture. It looks like you have much more then this.

How are you testing the basking temperature at the highest branch?

Not sure if your reading all the posts.... But this was my last one.
So if your using the T5 and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you have to have a total of 8-9 measured inches between the bottom of the bulb and the branch directly below the fixture. It looks like you have much more then this.

so raise my branches?
So you need to measure that total distance from the UVB. If it is not 8-9 inches from the bottom of the fixture where the bulb is to the branch below it then he is getting the wrong UVB level. Typically we raise a fixture 4 inches off the top and then the branch sits 5 measured inches below the screen. This gives a total of 9 inches. But for babies raising it is important so they are not over exposed to UVB. The branch should be positioned below the fixture so the baby is actually getting the right amount of UVB.

Once the baby grows out of screen climbing the top you can drop the fixture back down on the top of the cage and lower the branch to accommodate the full 9 inch distance.

If you have not read through all the modules in this husbandry programs it would be a great idea. This is a fantastic way to learn all the correct husbandry quickly. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

i did it and im babysitting now watching

Advice for new chameleon owners | What to expect when you bring a new chameleon home​

by neptune the chameleon

Back
Top Bottom