My baby veiled chameleon died :(

Thanks so much everyone! I have never been on such a supportive forum for any of my animals, everyone on here cares so much!

I have decided to wait. I will be getting another chameleon but will be waiting awhile. I'm currently looking into panther breeders in Canada but having a hard time, if anyone knows of any I'd love to hear from you.

I have also decide I should disinfect the cage as Decadancin had mentioned, just incase. Any advice on how to do so would be greatly appreciated!

And as many of you have said, I will be using the gift card to buy supplies for my new chameleon when the time comes.

Any and all advice is always welcomed as I am new to this and appreciate all of your kind and helpful words! So please feel free to chime in and let me know what you do!

I am so sorry for the loss of your new little baby, it is always hard to lose one no matter how long or short time you had them......I'm happy you are going to get another, there are many out there that need the good home and care that I'm sure you can give.....best of luck with the new one.

In my experience pet stores do not properly take care of chameleons. :( he was probably sick when you got him. But for a future one mist more and also feed more crickets per day. There are a lot of differences in opinions on that subject but I feed my chameleons that are 5 months old and younger once per day about 20 crickets for each chameleon. :)

It's not that he wasn't getting offered more than that, I was putting in 10 a day, and he was eatting maybe 1 if I was lucky 2.. If he had been eatting more I definitely would have put more in, he just wasn't at all interested in eatting.

Thank you though, and I will keep in mind one more misting a day :)

Back
Top Bottom