My adult male veiled fell and injured either one or both legs....

JlaPinska

Thismorning he fell all the way from his top perch to the bottom of his large reptibreeze. He has always been clumsy and has fallen before but received no injuries that time..

Ive already called around for a vet and am in the process of finding the funds to take him in. I put pillows lining the bottom of the cage so he is somewhat comfortable. He is still eating and drinking if i offer it. I'll be checking tomorrow to see if he had a bowel movement as i know that if he doesn't then there could be worse damage than broken leg. The vet told me after xrays if he does have a broken leg(s) that they do not put splints on chameleons. So i figure what i'll do is have the vet walk me through on the correct way to splint his legs with popsickle sticks and bandages. The vet who sees reptiles won't be in until friday so if he still looks good tomorrow i'm making the appointment for friday morning. If anything changes like he wont eat or seems sick then obviously he has to go in right away as an emergency. Hopefully i can collect the funds between today and tomorrow if that is the case. Unfortunately we JUST paid our bills and are flat broke til thursday. So if he needs to be seen any sooner then friday then i'm not sure what i will do.I have made a huge facebook post tagging everyone i know explaining the situation and that if anyone is willing to loan me money then i am willing to sign my soul away in blood if i have to. Pay it back at $100 per week. It shouldnt cost anything over $350. Im praying that people will help me because i have NEVER asked for help from anyone before. I've been crying on and off all day. I actually put his lights inside his cage temporarily at the appropriate distance so that he can still bask and stay warm and a few inches away is his UVB. I would never put the lights inside the cage unless it was extreme circumstances like now.

Has anyone had this happen before and what was the outcome?? Looking for some hope.. thanks guys.

Let us know what the vets says.if you can not afford a vet I can recommend two good rescues that will take him and get him any treatment that he needs.

Back
Top Bottom