Must read flchams.com

Jbh620

So I bought a jackson chameleon from flchams.com and recieved him on sep 28 2021 . I received him with one eye closed. I have made numerous phone calls and emails to the company to find out why they sent me a sick lizard for 250 bucks! He told me on the phone after I ordered him(website said they were in stock) that he actually didnt have any jackson chameleons. He didnt deliver on the specified day and the only call that I got from him ever was when I called and he said sorry I didnt deliver him on time I dont have any jacksons right now after he already chrarged me for it! So he says he has a "friend"who has one and that he will send it out. Well I got a sick lizard that now 15 days later has both eyes shut and is sleeping during the day now. Im providing all the typical care for a jackson. Im going to try some vitamin a treatment and probably some immune system treatment this week if he makes it. This is truly a heartbreaking experience for everyone in my family . Like I said I paid more than double for the chameleon from this company cause I couldnt find too many bad reviews and I assumed they were a reputable breeder with descent customer service. Boy was I wrong.

I’m so sorry this has happened to you. I think you should take him to an experienced chameleon vet as soon as you can. Is he exhibiting any other symptoms besides having closed eyes during the day? Symptoms like holding his head up in a sniffing position or any coughing or stringy mucus in his mouth? Can you post some pictures of him and your enclosure from top to bottom please. We may be able to help if we can see how you’re keeping him and what he looks like.

I've tried to contact flchams via email and phone the past week, trying to purchase a chameleon. No response and declined my last call.

I've tried to contact flchams via email and phone the past week, trying to purchase a chameleon. No response and declined my last call.
I’m sorry this happened to you as well. I thought they were reputable so I wonder what’s going on with them. We do have some members here that are breeders and are reputable. What kind of Cham are you looking for? If you start a conversation on another thread we might be able to help you to.

I’m sorry this happened to you as well. I thought they were reputable so I wonder what’s going on with them. We do have some members here that are breeders and are reputable. What kind of Cham are you looking for? If you start a conversation on another thread we might be able to help you to.
I found a panther breeder on the forum who I just purchased from. Hope the OP is able to get their Cham healthy.

im very sorry you’re Cham is not doing well

I would keep a very close eye them and try to get to a vet as soon as possible

It might be helpful for you to go over husbandry with some of the very experienced jacks keepers here on the forum to ensure that everything is as dialed in as possible to give your little guy the best chance at survival

So I bought a jackson chameleon from flchams.com and recieved him on sep 28 2021 . I received him with one eye closed. I have made numerous phone calls and emails to the company to find out why they sent me a sick lizard for 250 bucks! He told me on the phone after I ordered him(website said they were in stock) that he actually didnt have any jackson chameleons. He didnt deliver on the specified day and the only call that I got from him ever was when I called and he said sorry I didnt deliver him on time I dont have any jacksons right now after he already chrarged me for it! So he says he has a "friend"who has one and that he will send it out. Well I got a sick lizard that now 15 days later has both eyes shut and is sleeping during the day now. Im providing all the typical care for a jackson. Im going to try some vitamin a treatment and probably some immune system treatment this week if he makes it. This is truly a heartbreaking experience for everyone in my family . Like I said I paid more than double for the chameleon from this company cause I couldnt find too many bad reviews and I assumed they were a reputable breeder with descent customer service. Boy was I wrong.
I’m sorry this happened. Before you try any treatements, please see a vet. In the meantime make sure he’s hydrated. We can troubleshoot with you if you fill out the form below. Because he’s sleeping during the day, it’s important you get him to a vet ASAP. Is he drinking, eating, pooping?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Back
Top Bottom