Mushu :]

Teasekitten

n526343324_1150821_463.jpg

n526343324_1150822_1184.jpg

Kekeke :]

Oh. And this is Cameron.
n526343324_991007_9296.jpg

Not trying to be mean, but pygmies are really not meant to be handled as they stress so easily. That could be one reason that he is so skinny. I look mine over maybe once a month or every other.
Your little Veiled is cute-are you sure it is a he? How old?

Well, pretty much all chameleons stress easily.
"Like any other chameleon, handling should be kept to a minimum, but on the flipside they do need to be handled on the occasion for close inspection. About every 2 weeks I will remove each chameleon and give it a good look over."
Cameron exhibits way more stress than Mushu does, so we don't handle him as often. Mushu is already 6-7 months old already as is. He doesn't even need a nudge to climb onto your finger with no hesitation. Still, I don't handle him that often. I did once I got him, and then a couple weeks after that and then I handled him to take the pictures of his declining weight and again yesterday to change his tank and that's when I took that picture.

Mushu is still eating what he can find, but that's exactly it. I found a major problem. Remember when you asked me how I keep the crickets from escaping and I told you I put the cardboard on the bottom? Well that only worked for when there was TONS of substrate for the crickets to burrow in. Now since I took out most the substrate besides a small lining, they more readily escape. I found 2 crickets on my floor from his cage. There may be more I'm not finding, but now I also had to fix that dilemma. I had to change his tank around so that it is no longer on it's side. I trimmed and molded the tree a bit, and I also added some extra vine in it. The crickets can no longer escape and I'm done with changing his tank around as I don't want him to stress on it.

Cameron is 2-3 months old. And no, Josh thinks Cameron is a girl so we used a unisex name. :]

Back
Top Bottom