multiple clutches

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
I bread one of my ambanja females with a nosy be male because i wanted to get one clutch of panther crosses. She laid the first clutch and retained her gravid colors for a month. Then sure enough a month later she was pacing on the bottom again. I removed her and put her into the egg laying enclosure and she laid another clutch. This then repeated for a third time. I removed all the eggs and am now presently incubating all the eggs. only 2 eggs have gone bad. So in total from that first encounter with my nosy be she has laid about 110 eggs. She is now looking like shes ready to go for round four, fat and gravid again. How many clutches do you think she might lay before this is over. I'm getting a little worried because this is so hard on her little body. Damn that Nosy Be's super sperm..........................These girls live together, she's only yawning, she not trying to bite. They sleep side by side, it's kinda cute.

Last edited:
Wow thats alot of eggs. What are you gonna do with the babies sell or keep or give away wink wink lol jk. but good luck on incubation

Wow thats alot of eggs. What are you gonna do with the babies sell or keep or give away wink wink lol jk. but good luck on incubation

well I'll defiantly be selling them. I saw a picture of an amazing ambanja nosy be cross so if mine look anything like it I don't think I'll have much of a problem selling them for $140 I'll probably keep a male for myself. I live in Ontario, Canada

She may continue to lay eggs but they will be less viable each time.
Just a suggestion but she should be in her own cage.
Females stress each other out also.

She may continue to lay eggs but they will be less viable each time.
Just a suggestion but she should be in her own cage.
Females stress each other out also.

For sure, I am ordering some cages from lll reptile because I have three nosy be females that are ready to be separated plus I want to be able to control all of their food intake while the are pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom