Mulberry Chow?

Yessabub

Established Member
Is the premade silkworm chow (mulberry chow) the same as the premade hornworm chow? I got silkies and horns from mulberry farms and i just got a couple pounds of silkworm chow because i thought it was the same thing.

Last edited:
i gave my silk worms a little kale yesterday as I dont have any chow. They DESTROYED it. needless to say, I'm going to keep up with the kale

I know the silkworm chow is made from mulberry leaves but the hornworm chow I got from Coastal silkworms was light brown in color and looked like a course peanutbutter. the silk chow is dark dark grren and kinda slimy. I am assuming they are made from different ingredients but do not know what the horn chow is made of.

i gave my silk worms a little kale yesterday as I dont have any chow. They DESTROYED it. needless to say, I'm going to keep up with the kale

Wow that is interesting to know! I have some kale and I know it is loaded with Vitamin A and C that I feed my superworms. I have the chow right now but threw in a peice of kale and they are really just eating the chow but probably because they like it better. I will have to let the chow run out in the containers and see if they are starving they will eat the kale..

Kale, or shredded carrots will hold them off, but they won't live and grow on them. They will NEED mulberry leaves or the chow.

I bred them for a while and kept TONS of mulberry leaves, it's a pain!

Kale, or shredded carrots will hold them off, but they won't live and grow on them. They will NEED mulberry leaves or the chow.

I bred them for a while and kept TONS of mulberry leaves, it's a pain!

ah, thanks for that bit of info also. Atleast it is good to know there is something you can feed them until you can find some leaves or chow

Back
Top Bottom