mucous 'throw up' after too much water?

mons00n

Has anyone experienced their chameleon 'throw up' a goo'y clear mucous after a long drink? I've been reading about URIs and he doesn't seem to be presenting any of the other symptoms. Plus he's only done this twice; both times after a long drink while he was outside (temps ~70-75 in the shade).

Has anyone experienced their chameleon 'throw up' a goo'y clear mucous after a long drink? I've been reading about URIs and he doesn't seem to be presenting any of the other symptoms. Plus he's only done this twice; both times after a long drink while he was outside (temps ~70-75 in the shade).

Chams have no sphincter muscles between their stomach and the esophagus and they have pretty small stomachs for their size. If they overfill their stomach, the contents can spill up back out of their mouth. Usually, once a cham is "full" they will tip their head straight up and turn away from the water. Don't force water on them after this.

Chams have no sphincter muscles between their stomach and the esophagus and they have pretty small stomachs for their size. If they overfill their stomach, the contents can spill up back out of their mouth. Usually, once a cham is "full" they will tip their head straight up and turn away from the water. Don't force water on them after this.

oh dear; he looked like he wanted more....thanks so much for letting me know!

oh dear; he looked like he wanted more....thanks so much for letting me know!

You can always give him another drink a while later...give some time for him to process his stomach contents. A thirsty cham will of course want to keep drinking, but maybe can't handle it all at once.

Back
Top Bottom