Much easier using a clear bucket

Ellie finally decided to lay her eggs. We don't think these are fertile but I wanted to post a picture of the bucket I used. It's so much easier using a semi clear bucket so you know where to look for them.

u3y4a3u9.jpg

A semi clear container usually isn't suitable, because the female digs down then sees light and abandons the hole. Its not natural for there to be light at the bottom of a hole in the ground.

Both of my females used a clear tub to lay. It was right at the bottom near the back of teh cage though, so darker and secluded. In fact, Lily had a choice of an opaque tub and a clear tub and she chose the clear one.

A semi clear container usually isn't suitable, because the female digs down then sees light and abandons the hole. Its not natural for there to be light at the bottom of a hole in the ground.

I do see your point but it there wouldn't be any light because the bottom of her cage is a solid bottom so no light would shine through from the bottom. The sand all around the sides would also keep the bucket really dark.

goes to show - their aint no rules!

Both of my females used a clear tub to lay. It was right at the bottom near the back of teh cage though, so darker and secluded. In fact, Lily had a choice of an opaque tub and a clear tub and she chose the clear one.

Just saw this lol

I think it really helps too that Ellie has a relaxed personality (not picky at all). She wastes no time when laying her eggs. The whole process took her less than 7 hours.

Back
Top Bottom