Moving to Europe (Portugal)

DaSilva

Hey all.
Need some advice.
I've been living most of my life in South Africa where our climates are perfect for chams
So my adopted Cham babies live in the tree outside the house in the backyard,
I’ve been fortunate to have these lovely creatures I spend hours watching without spending a cent and no worries of the most common problems you guys go through fortunately.
But recently we have decided to move to Portugal to try provide a better future and opportunities for my 6year old
Hence that been said I now face a problem where I still want a cham as a pet but have no clue what species will adapt best in those climates
Any advice is welcomed
Ps I know I will need to get heating pads humidifiers etc etc. thats is all sorted already.
Am interested to know which species of cham is more resistance to that type of climate
Also the next question would be where could I find them in Portugal (seller I mean)
Please help

So, Chamaeleo chameleons might be (almost) native, depending on where you end up in Portugal. They’d certainly adapt well, if you’re keeping outdoors. I know there are Mellerii breeders in Portugal and Spain, who keep outdoors. Obviously, veileds would do fine. My guess is there are many species that would work.

I'm pretty urge the Chamaeleon chameleon re protected in Spain and Portugal. They are an awesome little chameleon...first species of chameleon that I hatched the eggs of.

Maybe if they’re in your area, you can have some more wild “pets” in your yard like you did in South Africa

Back
Top Bottom