Moving: please HELP on Cham transport!!

ojr5

Hi folks -- I am moving from one major city to another by plane over the course of a few trips the next month. Looking for help on how best to transport my four-year old male panther. I plan on just rebuilding a setup for him upon arrival.

Thank you!!

hi!

Conceptually, yes, that's what I was thinking of. But I was wondering more specifically if anyone here knows exactly which services ship live animals and what conditions I need to create for him to ensure he makes it to the other side, etc. I imagine you can't just put a lizard in any box and ship it? I dunno.

Thanks!

Actually you do just kind of put them in a plastic breathable container in an insulated box. It's important to avoid shipping during very hot or cold weather. You can add heat or cold packs if necessary but that won't work in extremes. A damp toweling is added to maintain humidity and add some cushion.

Hi folks -- I am moving from one major city to another by plane over the course of a few trips the next month. Looking for help on how best to transport my four-year old male panther. I plan on just rebuilding a setup for him upon arrival.

Thank you!!

Go through Ship Your Reptiles. They are a site sponsor. Read everything they have on the web site about shipping reptiles. Use one of their boxes.

Have him shipped to the closest FedEx Ship Center and held for pick up. They can help you find a close FedEx Ship center. Not all FedEx locations will hold a live animal. (If you want to find a locatioin yourself, go to FedEx locations. Type your address in the search bar. On the right of the search bar, you will see "I want to..." Hit the "More" drop down menu and click both the "Hold at Location" and "Ship Dangerous Goods" boxes. That will give you a list of locations that will hold your chamleon.

I never ship in a bag. I try to give them a container that has a stick attached to it. You can ship in a little Sterlite tote but you will need to be careful of the measurements. Ship Your Reptiles can sell you the boxes and equipment. I don't use heat packs but us Phase 22 Packs, sometimes several in a box. They are much more expensive but they don't have extreme temperatures. Heat is what you need to fear, not cold.

Pack him up and drop him off the night before and pick him up the next morning.

I don't envy you. I've moved all over the world with my parrots and other animals. It is really difficult to have housing in two places at once. For my last move, I had to charter a plane to get my animals off the island of St. Croix to Puerto Rico where a commercial flight could take them to Texas. My teenage son flew out ahead of them the same day so there would be someone competent to receive them in Texas. My little charter plane took off right behind my son's commercial jet.

Go through Ship Your Reptiles. They are a site sponsor. Read everything they have on the web site about shipping reptiles. Use one of their boxes.

Have him shipped to the closest FedEx Ship Center and held for pick up. They can help you find a close FedEx Ship center. Not all FedEx locations will hold a live animal. (If you want to find a locatioin yourself, go to FedEx locations. Type your address in the search bar. On the right of the search bar, you will see "I want to..." Hit the "More" drop down menu and click both the "Hold at Location" and "Ship Dangerous Goods" boxes. That will give you a list of locations that will hold your chamleon.

I never ship in a bag. I try to give them a container that has a stick attached to it. You can ship in a little Sterlite tote but you will need to be careful of the measurements. Ship Your Reptiles can sell you the boxes and equipment. I don't use heat packs but us Phase 22 Packs, sometimes several in a box. They are much more expensive but they don't have extreme temperatures. Heat is what you need to fear, not cold.

Pack him up and drop him off the night before and pick him up the next morning.

I don't envy you. I've moved all over the world with my parrots and other animals. It is really difficult to have housing in two places at once. For my last move, I had to charter a plane to get my animals off the island of St. Croix to Puerto Rico where a commercial flight could take them to Texas. My teenage son flew out ahead of them the same day so there would be someone competent to receive them in Texas. My little charter plane took off right behind my son's commercial jet.
wow!! thank you... if I can find an adopter... this will be very helpful

Back
Top Bottom