Moving chameleon between enclosures

komyers

Hi!
we had to upgrade my chameleons enclosure. Give him a bigger one with more things and I’m wondering how others go about moving their cham to another enclosure and moving the things between the two. He’s a panther chameleon maybe four months old. Not aggressive. Has never hissed at us. I’m just seeking the least stressful way to transfer him and his things over to the bigger/new cage.
thanks!

PS we saw him shed for the first time! (Photos attached)

Attachments

• 0AC5304F-FD00-4F9B-99AD-1D11737EFDDD.jpeg
    0AC5304F-FD00-4F9B-99AD-1D11737EFDDD.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 74
  • BE5AB3BD-9922-4352-BBCC-1F64AA7902FC.jpeg
    BE5AB3BD-9922-4352-BBCC-1F64AA7902FC.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 1F778FEE-A551-48A8-8B81-76516D69B996.jpeg
    1F778FEE-A551-48A8-8B81-76516D69B996.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 71
I let mine chill on my head or let him climb on something in my room and he was just fine. I had to move cages today and upgrade as well so I just did that.

I let mine chill on my head or let him climb on something in my room and he was just fine. I had to move cages today and upgrade as well so I just did that.
I’m sure my cham doesn’t trust me that much yet! Haha he hasn’t physically interacted with us yet.

I’m sure my cham doesn’t trust me that much yet! Haha he hasn’t physically interacted with us yet.
😂 Yeah I got super lucky this dude got use to me quick. That's totally understandable though. I would just recommend a plant to let him chill on while you are moving things around then.

😂 Yeah I got super lucky this dude got use to me quick. That's totally understandable though. I would just recommend a plant to let him chill on while you are moving things around then.
Okay! I get so worried I’ll take my eyes off him and he will disappear.

Okay! I get so worried I’ll take my eyes off him and he will disappear.
I have had my cham for about a month, and when I was switching cages today and rearranging things I would look at him like every 5 seconds 😂 I'm wondering if you could maybe use a few sticks that you wont be using for the new one, put them in his old enclosure and allow him to roam for a bit since he may not be in there for too long. when the new one is ready you can put him in it and no worrying about him free roaming. (you can use real sticks btw, just fyi :) That is, if you still have the old enclosure. (I hope this makes sense)

Your chameleon looks soo cute covered in shed 😍 like a flower bud! You might could use the bathroom in the shower on a tall plant to keep them in one place but be sure to open the door VERY SLOWLY. But I use this cage, it’s great for outdoor time/ thorough cage cleaning/ rearranging plants etc. I just have a branchy plant in it outside partly shaded.

Attachments

• F8B0FEFB-CC91-4E78-A89E-296C61F5C1FA.png
    F8B0FEFB-CC91-4E78-A89E-296C61F5C1FA.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom