Moving accessories around

MergatroidSkittle

Hey guys I appreciate all the help I’ve previously gotten from you guys but I have another questions as well. Would it be stressful to my chameleon to move her stuff around in her cage and arrange it differently? She has no problem being handled and loves to sit atop my blinds while I’m cleaning her cage but if I move her stuff to different places in the cage would it affect her negatively?

Hey guys I appreciate all the help I’ve previously gotten from you guys but I have another questions as well. Would it be stressful to my chameleon to move her stuff around in her cage and arrange it differently? She has no problem being handled and loves to sit atop my blinds while I’m cleaning her cage but if I move her stuff to different places in the cage would it affect her negatively?
Hi, so I've definitely heard that it can stress them out. However, it doesn't seem to bother my cham much at all. I have a whole lot of branches in mine and when I take everything out to clean, there's no way I can get it all back in the same way so it's different no matter matter. He doesn't seem to care though.

What I have noticed in my little experience is that as long as the "runways" are the same, ie the sticks and vines are in the same place in the same cage--my girl doesnt mind. If I give her an entirely new enclosure with a new cage and new sticks--then there is an adjustment period. In with RST--plant swaps dont bother Mona.

I think it's entirely dependent on your cham and their personality. Some chams can be super thrown off by a change in their environment and have crazy mood swings (i.e @Beman ) and others can be completely chill about it and not notice a thing. I dont think theres necessarily anything dire to their health about it, it's just a matter of how long it takes for them to adjust.

Yeah so Beman used to be super chill about change. Now he has done a total personality swap on me. We recently had to move and the entire room brightness level and everything changed. He has been much more on edge and on guard since then.

Prior though I changed his plants and branches out a few times. Doing a total redo each time with everything being removed and new stuff going in. As long as I followed the layout for the same pathways that he liked to use he never seemed to mind.

I think like others have said it just depends on your cham. lol Try it and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom