Movin on Up!!!!

Tyaeda

Established Member
My husband and I just recently inherited a solid wood dining table, with a few dings. Nothing special - yet. We have big plans to build a new cage for Mr.Pink out of it. The dimensions will be 24" X 40" X 50".

The cage we have now is 2'X2'X4', and was the first cage we constructed. It was more a purpose < pretty pretty project, and now that we know exactly what we need out of a cage, we can focus more on making things more visually appealing. We want to hide the wires and fixtures, and make everything more permanent. It'll look like a professionally made piece of furniture by the time we're done with it.

I'll be posting pictures as we go, but I was hoping that some of you would post some pictures of your cages as inspiration. I'd love to see / hear about your genius drainage ideas, and what you did to hide some of those unsightly features.

Nice! You plan on using the table as a base, then building vertical?

Please update with progress pics. I love seeing custom creations

Yep the table will be the base, and we'll be building up off that. We want to make it sturdy and make it so you can't see the mister, and all the wires and tubing. We contemplated a metal frame, but we like the possibilities that wood has to offer - plus it looks more natural.

Back
Top Bottom