Mouth rot question

One example.. A chameleon can stress its self out to where they weaken their immune system.

Stomatitis (Mouth Rot)
While the initial exposure to opportunistic bacteria may be caused by physical trauma within the mouth, environmental factors such as misguided caretaking and nutritional care create the framework for infectious agents to thrive

One example.. A chameleon can stress its self out to where they weaken their immune system.

Stomatitis (Mouth Rot)
While the initial exposure to opportunistic bacteria may be caused by physical trauma within the mouth, environmental factors such as misguided caretaking and nutritional care create the framework for infectious agents to thrive
@kinyonga Had an article on this yesterday.
If you wanna read more in detail here is the link.

https://ourreptileforum.com/community/threads/mouth-rot-stomatitis-ulceration-and-exudates.3738/

One of my chameleons suffered from mouth. It was a secondary illness brought upon by an upper respiratory infection. Ultimately the root cause of my illnesses was my husbandry. In my attempt to increase daytime humidity and heat, I created an environment that was great bacteria growth. My cure required veterinarian intervention and change to my husbandry. The vet gave me antibiotic for the URI and anti bacterial rinse to add to the mouth rot area. For my husbandry, I added a pc fan to push more air and limited my watering/misting to 30 mins before lights on and 30 mins after lights off. It took about a month and half but the cham bounced back just fine. I hope my experience helps you.

Back
Top Bottom