mouth open

ilovechams

my cham sits with her mouth open when she sits under the heat i read that it is maybe coz the heat is to hot so i turned it down 5degrees and it is now in the low 70's but she is still doing it sometimes not as much should i get a lower wattage bulb iam currently using 75 watts and its a red bulb as the pet shop said that does the same thing as a basking bulb i do have a basking bulb but it is way to hot it burns my hands when underneath and even burned the plastic on top of my mesh top, i have a exo terra cage 60x60x45 is this ok

A regular household bulb works the best. Use a 60w. How are you measuring your temps? What is your ambient (room) temp?

Fixed:

My cham sits with her mouth open when she is under the heat. I have read that it is maybe because the heat is to hot so i turned it down 5degrees and it is now in the low 70's.

She is still doing it sometimes (not as much) so my question is: should i get a lower wattage bulb? I am currently using 75 watt red bulb as the pet shop said that does the same thing as a basking bulb.

I do have a basking bulb but it is way to hot, it actually burns my hands when underneath and even burned the plastic on top of my mesh top. For the record, I have a exo terra cage dimensions 60x60x45 is this ok?

Back
Top Bottom